cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are Travel Trailers selling at all right now?

Hoerschel
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if travel trailers are selling at all right now. I'm needing to list a 2018 Camplite but not observing much activity at all. I'm out here in Colorado. What's happening where you are?
34 REPLIES 34

xranger
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on what you are selling. I sold my 2004 Bigfoot trailer online a couple of weeks ago. Used ones are highly sought after. I put the ad on Fiberglassrv.com and Fiberglassrv4sale and they put it out on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. I had a full-price cash offer in about three hours. Luckily the buyer was local and didn't have to cross any state lines to get here. Over the next 24 hours I had five more buyers lined up from around the country. Wish I had several more of those to sell. Prior to selling the Bigfoot, I found a 2013 Arctic Fox that was a trade-in at a dealer. Got a great deal and the money I got for the old trailer covered the cost of the newer one.

The sites I used to sell the Bigfoot are specific to molded fiberglass trailers like Casita, Scamp, Escape, Bigfoot, etc. You should post your ad on sites that pertain to your brand.

Hoerschel
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Iโ€™d rather sell my horse than my TT.

How much you want for him?

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
no

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™d rather sell my horse than my TT.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer
Hoerschel wrote:
AH64ID wrote:
Our TT just sold. Pretty much what I expected to get, just took a little longer than expected.

The family traveled 450 miles to get it.

How did you advertise it?

Facebook and CL.

They found it on FB.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

Hoerschel
Explorer
Explorer
AH64ID wrote:
Our TT just sold. Pretty much what I expected to get, just took a little longer than expected.

How did you advertise it?

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer

-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œMy Truck will handle it as I tow a fairly heavy 21 foot boat with ease...(5k plus loaded with Gear)โ€

A boat doesnโ€™t have much wind resistance. TTs do.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

FedMill
Explorer
Explorer
Your right I need a new thread. I got a liitle bit experience towing as a Class A holder since 1978 with lots of miles logged. Not worried in the least with the tow capacity. Thank You Though ! ๐Ÿ˜‰

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
FedMill wrote:
Well, I live in North Florida and my wife and I just came back from an RV Campstore in Jax Fl. I just retired and we are looking to buy one. We looked at a Keystone Ultra Lite Bullet 261RBS. We both liked the layout and may end up pulling the trigger. I dont need a Cadillac of Travel Trailers. I know this is maybe the middle of the road as far as quality from my research but im not sure.

Can anyone out their that owns a Keystone let me know if they have been satisifed with thier purchase ?

I have a 2019 F150 Screw FX4/3:55 rear end and the mighty little 2.7 ecoboost. So, ths one we looked at today fits the bill as it is approx 5400lbs dry.. My Truck will handle it as I tow a fairly heavy 21 foot boat with ease...(5k plus loaded with Gear)

You might want to start a new thread with your question. FYI-pulling a boat does not equate pulling a camper.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
In 2017 there were 153 million employed people in the US. 22 million is a heck of a lot (and it probably is higher), but there are still a lot of people working, so at the right, discounted, price there can still be buyers.
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

FedMill
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I live in North Florida and my wife and I just came back from an RV Campstore in Jax Fl. I just retired and we are looking to buy one. We looked at a Keystone Ultra Lite Bullet 261RBS. We both liked the layout and may end up pulling the trigger. I dont need a Cadillac of Travel Trailers. I know this is maybe the middle of the road as far as quality from my research but im not sure.

Can anyone out their that owns a Keystone let me know if they have been satisifed with thier purchase ?

I have a 2019 F150 Screw FX4/3:55 rear end and the mighty little 2.7 ecoboost. So, ths one we looked at today fits the bill as it is approx 5400lbs dry.. My Truck will handle it as I tow a fairly heavy 21 foot boat with ease...(5k plus loaded with Gear)

hornet28
Explorer
Explorer
Not a TT but a 5er. Last fall we bought a newer unit and a week ago we sold the older one which I'd only had 2 yrs. Sold price was only 7% less than I paid. It all depends on price, condition and buyers desire

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Auto sales are way down. MFG dropped 78% in one month. Unemployment is at 22M, and I believe that number is low.