Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Are Travel Trailers selling at all right now?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Are Travel Trailers selling at all right now?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Newbieatcamping

Connecticut

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/20 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hoerschel wrote:

Newbieatcamping wrote:

I just bought a travel trailer

Newbieatcamping: Did you buy new / used; from a dealer or individual? State? Any special incentives you were offered because of the pandemic? Your motivation to buy now? Thanks. Just wondering what the dynamics are out in the marketplace.

I bought a used travel trailer from my local dealer, they did take some money off...but they are also including a bunch of stuff with the sale(weight distribution hitch, a complete service, a new battery, both propane tanks filled, all hoses for hook ups, etc)

I am in CT my wife always wanted a camper I never wanted one. I know the owner of the dealership he wasn’t selling much. Luckily my wife and I are both still working without concerns of slowing down(she’s a nurse and I work on heavy equipment) so I figured what the heck let’s buy a camper!!

FWIW, my parents also have a camper they store at my house during the winter months since they don’t have the room and I have 2 spots on my property set up perfectly for campers so I figured what the heck. Let’s fill up both spots

trailer_newbe

Tucson

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/20 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It’s a buyers market for obvious reasons. Probably a REALLY good buyers market. Buy what you want, then sell yours when the market recovers which it will.

2018 Jayco White Hawk 28RL

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/13/20 09:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just bought a 30' toy hauler to replace our 18' toy hauler and will leave the 18' behind the house till prices come back up. Being in SoCal it will sell next desert season but I'm not taking less than it's worth.

1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 06:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There will be exceptions but...

If this ends soon, it won't have much impact longer term. There might be some deals but those will quickly be snatched up and prices will rebound.

If this goes on much longer, you will see people liquidating assets to stay out of bankruptcy. At the same time, the pool of people with cash to buy will shrink. This will drive market prices down substantially.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I sold my Nash 17k about two weeks ago and replaced it with the TT in my signature

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2009 Arctic Fox 811 (bought new 11/9/09)
2018 Timberridge 24RLS (bought pre-owned 3/12/20)
2008 Haulmark 8.5x20 toy box trailer

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 07:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The toy hauler we just bought was used and I heard the PO mention paying some bills with the money. Of course he also mentioned wanting a bigger one ??

Hannibal

Tampa Bay Area

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A friend just sold his two year old motorhome to a couple from New York. I didn't think it was possible.

'10 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73 106k miles
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'. Reese HP Trunnion 800

Mark and Linda

Smyrna, Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/20 08:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was down in Florida a few weeks ago. I still wonder how they sale all those trailers in the lots. On the way back home up the interstate all the trailer sales are packed with RV's and travel trailers. Who buys them?

deltabravo

Spokane, WA

View Profile

Posted: 04/15/20 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Mark and Linda wrote:

I was down in Florida a few weeks ago. I still wonder how they sale all those trailers in the lots. On the way back home up the interstate all the trailer sales are packed with RV's and travel trailers. Who buys them?

I wonder the same thing where I live. There's several massive RV dealers, all with massive amounts of inventory all the time.

MattFromPA

Harrisburg, PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/15/20 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I window shop - a lot - and am a member of several Facebook RV groups. Seems many are still buying trailers which surprised me. There is nowhere to take them right now, at least in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast.

Dealer prices for new and used seem to be dropping to an extent. Camping World has their smallest bunkhouse listed for $9995. The local dealers I check frequently seem to have dropped prices roughly $1K for the bunkhouse floorplan I'm interested in. Used inventory listings have remained fairly static. No in-person sales here, so I expect quite a backlog.

I thought craigslist would have a glut of TTs for sale now but that is not the case yet here.

When this is over there will either be an explosion of buying due to pent-up demand, or the economic damage caused by the lockdown will really depress the RV industry for some time to come.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Are Travel Trailers selling at all right now?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.