cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

cerr?itos fire

smn
Explorer
Explorer
Any new info on cause of fire at Cerritos? Are they going to be able to rebuild?
3 REPLIES 3

Talleyho69
Thanks for the sad update.

We have been basically rebuilding our house here in Zihuatanejo. Our first New Years Eve a Chinese Lantern type thing, q paper balloon with a candle inside, landed on a palapa roof in one of the very high end areas on the water. The damage was amazing.

We no longer see them flown here, and we replaced our one piece of palapa roof with the asbestos tile looking surface to prevent the same thing happening to us.

northsloper
Explorer
Explorer
From a RV tech that was there during the fire and then repaired rigs pulled out without disconnecting utilities, the cause was an unattended BBQ that overheated. I believe (suprize!) alcohol was involved. Many more than 3-4 rigs were damaged or destroyed. Makes me look at my palapa beside my rig on the Isla a little differently

Talleyho69
I've been watching the papers in Mazatlan and haven't seen any follow up.

The one article I did see right after the fire said that only 3 or 4 RV's were damaged. That would be good news, but hard to believe after seeing the videos. Palapa roofs are scary.

Hopefully someone will know something and it will be good news.