Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: take out dining
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> take out dining

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

I'v been missing my favorite Chinese Restaurant and I'v missed a couple of my favorite servers. ??
Chinese food needs to be fresh from their kitchens and not reheated. I live 25 miles from South China so take home doesn't work for me. [emoticon]
Their servers will being it out to you so today I'm taking my dining room to South China so I can see one of my favorite servers and have one of my favorite lunches. [emoticon]

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We've done that many times over the years. Hop in the RV, stop for take out and park near the river to eat.
It's a nice substitute for camping. The GS loved when he was young.

Ed_Gee

Central Oregon coast

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 11:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Franky, I do not believe people who handle the food and related items are immune from COVID-19, so keeping within the Shelter at Home guidelines, I do not get take-out food. Only exception might be a Take-and-Bake Pizza which you can sanitize the cardboard box, dispose of it, and the Pizza gets baked at a virus killing temperature anyway .....
Just my view on the issue.

Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 11:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Common advise is to take packed food, unload it from package onto your own plate without touching food with your fingers, dump the packaging, wash your hands and then put the plate in microwave for short time.
Micro waves are killing the virus, so good sanitizer.
I had guests on Easter, who sat on other side of big patio table and had their own dishes.
When it come to serving coffee, I made it, put the cup on a plate, microwave for 15 seconds and grab the plate, while guest would grab the cup.
Per last experts advise it should be sufficient, but they changed the recommendations several times in last month....

Ed_Gee

Central Oregon coast

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

Common advise is to take packed food, unload it from package onto your own plate without touching food with your fingers, dump the packaging, wash your hands and then put the plate in microwave for short time.
Micro waves are killing the virus, so good sanitizer.
I had guests on Easter, who sat on other side of big patio table and had their own dishes.
When it come to serving coffee, I made it, put the cup on a plate, microwave for 15 seconds and grab the plate, while guest would grab the cup.
Per last experts advise it should be sufficient, but they changed the recommendations several times in last month....

According to the CDC, it is not microwaves that kill virus, it is heat, and the COVID-19 virus requires 165 degrees F for several minutes to ensure killing Corona virus. Putting a plate in the microwave for 15 seconds does nothing. Further, according to the CDC, non medial microwave ovens do not radiate evenly, thus leaving 'cool' spots that don't kill the virus. If you want to ensure killing Corona virus, put it in the oven over 165F for several minutes. That will do the job.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Darn, here goes another idea.
I ordered UV flashlight 3 weeks ago. It is due to come in May.

wildtoad

Blythewood, SC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/20 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good grief folks these same folks have been serving you food for years or perhaps decades. In that time we have had swine flu, bird flu, sars, and who knows how many episodes of just plain flu. Many of the cooks and servers were carriers for just about every childhood disease their kids brought home from school. Many of these same people have come to work sick with who knows what. We all thought or at least hoped the staff washed their hands frequently. Now these establishments are doing even more to make sure they prepare, box, bag, deliver the food as touch less as possible. Many of the restaurants will not survive the pandemic anyway, but if you like these favorite hangouts go buy dinner.

Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

romore

Okanagan valley British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

X2 I am careful especially handling food but not paranoid like many I am seeing. Let's all take a deep breath and CALM DOWN!

srschang

Western NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/14/20 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To put it in perspective, our county in Western NY has had 26 cases to date. We have 260,000 residents. 1 in 10,000 has had or does have the virus. Chance of having a car crash on a 100 mile trip? 1 in 3660.

2020 Ram 3500 SRW Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 04/14/20 01:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

[image]

Spicy chicken lo mein, ham friend rice, chicken kabob, hot & sour soup and Sprite. It was delicious.

I text her my order and gave her a great big tip when she brought out my food.

And the best part was the hug I got when she brought my food out to me.

I think I miss her more than the food.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> take out dining
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.