cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV cover

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking to replace my RV cover and wondering if one on the market that will last more than 18 months.
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK
24 REPLIES 24

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
My Adco cover lasted around 12 yrs before I finally had to chuck it, 2 yrs ago I bought a replacement cover from camping world, ripped apart a month ago, this fall I will probably go back to Adco.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

wguss
Explorer
Explorer
Have gone through 3 or 4 Adco's over the years but have never gotten more than the warranty period. Made the change to Goldline last year and seems to be much better quality. It's certainly heavier, has more zippers and straps but more expensive. Seems to be a case though of you get what you pay for.

Bought it directly through Goldline on eBay.

DickOK
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Adco cover made with Sunbrella fabric. 9 years old and NO problems. Expensive at first but over time not. We are in the AZ sun.
Dick OK

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rhigley wrote:
Got ahold of Adco and sent pictures of problem areas of my cover and they are sending me a new one, all I have to do is pay for shipping.
FWIW, I've had 2 or 3 Classic Accessories covers replaced under warranty. A couple of pics and the ID number off the cover is all they needed. Shipped to me for free each time.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
I have an Adco cover I bought and installed on my last tt in 2011. It is just starting to show wear. Iโ€™ll probably replace it this season before it does rip, and I wouldnโ€™t hesitate to get the same one.

Just goes to show how different parts of the country effect RV covers. ADCO doesnโ€™t last in California.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I had an Adco cover for our old trailer. I got 5 years out of it then bought another. All worth the money. The key is to pad the corners and any protruding objects. I didnโ€™t use it in the summer though. It was only for the winter. I now keep my MH in indoor storage. Yes itโ€™s expensive, but so is a MH! And my 2012 rhat the previous owner kept with covered or stored indoors looks like new.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
Got ahold of Adco and sent pictures of problem areas of my cover and they are sending me a new one, all I have to do is pay for shipping.
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Carolina Carport, 18'x32'. Cost me about $2400 installed, but keeps the rain, sun, snow, leaves and bird poop off my roof. We bought it 6 years ago, have at least another 8 in this house. That's 14 years, or $171 a year to keep it under cover and dry. That's cheaper than buying a cheapo cover every year, far easier and more effective to use.

Our next house will be even cheaper per year, because we'll be there for a lot longer. Consider it if you can. Its a small investment (10% of the price of my new camper in 2015) that keeps my trailer looking newer longer.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Rhigley
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to contact Adco to see about my warranty ( the one I have is 3 years) but so far they have not gotten back to me. It's been a couple weeks now. Not sure how good this warranty is.
2016 Four Winds 31E
Amatuer Radio KF6OOK

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have an Adco cover - I have had no issues with it.

This is the 4th winter I have had this cover - on a 32' Fifth Wheel. I was thinking when I put it on last fall it would be the last winter. But as winter is coming to an end I was looking at it and I see no reason it won't go another year. It has a small tear on the side, that I created when installing it 2 winters ago. Putting it on myself I pulled when it was caught on the awning, small tear. It has a couple thin spots on the corners of the bottom edges, but no real tear. When I put it on next winter I will just make sure those spots don't line up with the same corners. The key is making sure the straps are tight and it doesn't move much when the wind blows. We get plenty of wind and I have no issues from the cover wearing the paint or edges or anything.

All in all I would say money well spent, it really saves the roof and surface of the trailer. I clean and wax before I cover it and when I take it off it looks like I just cleaned it. Ready to go.

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless you purchase a custom-fit cover that uses some expensive, exotic material, IMO there's not a lot of difference in longevity from one brand of cover to another.

The weather in your area (UV, wind, rain, etc.) and how well it is installed (and fits) will determine how long a cover will last. The high UV's you find in many desert SW locales will turn most any cover to dust in 12-18 months. Wind will destroy a brand new cover in one day if the cover is not installed properly.

When we covered our 33 ft. TT, it tooks us about 4 hours to prep the TT before we ever installed the cover. We applied painter's tape at every wear point (including the edge of the rubber roof). Pool noodles custom cut for every sharp corner. Added extra tie-downs to secure any loose cover material. It's a lot of work. If you don't take the time to do the prep work (especially in very windy areas) the cover will self-destruct, not to mention damage the exterior of your TT.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sailors & RVers have a common enemy. Chafe. That little movement may not seem like much but when it happens tens of thousands of times something is going to wear.

I used to cover my 32' boat for winter storage. There were many more sharp corners & weird shapes on that boat than any RV, which is basically a box.

Tape folded terry towel over sharp corners. Tie the corners down. Around the sides add water filled bottles to help keep tension. The bottles should be hanging off the ground. The size of the bottles used will depend first of all on the strength of the cover grommets, the amount of wind where stored & frequency of checking on the unit.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Sunshield tarp. See my previous posts and other posts.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've have the "Elements Premium all Climate" just finished the 4th year with it. I should be able to get 1 more year out of it. I think that because it just happened to be a very tight fit made it last this long.
I tape old cut up bath towels around the usual corners and pull the bottom straps just tight enough to let the top settle when the snow piles up. Because of the tight fit, there hasn't been any damage from rubbing. I usually put it on mid November and off at the end of March.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!