Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Crash Guards on Towed
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Crash Guards on Towed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/20 07:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

are you in reference to the roadmaster guardian rock guard? the still make them and they work. i have towed with one for several years and never a rock chip

Hikerdogs

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 06:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

down home wrote:

Could have posted this in several places but it applies to Motorhoem Owners in this case.
Roadmaster did offer crash guards/brush guards that plugged int into the horns of the baseplate, but no more. They really didn't market them.
We now have a 2019 Edge ST and it uses mounts that are roudn, and more like Blue ox perhaps.
We have a lot of deer in our area, in our yard and even on the porches..and even a few cattle that get out from behind the fence..In Az we saw lots of Pronghorns and some hti by cars and Elk and Javelinas.
I can buy a crash guard as used on patrol cars but...I would not be able to mount it, I believe without removing the Roadmaster base plate.
I may bee wrong about this.
Has anyone mounted a crash gaurd on their towed vehicle in particular a Ford Edge ST or know of equpmetn that can be used We've hti more than one deer and it is costly.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you make the statement "crash guards/brush guards that plugged into the horns of the baseplate". However they did offer the "Guardian Rock Shield".

https://roadmasterinc.com/products/protection_storage/protect_store.php

If this is what you're looking for it's still listed as a product on their website. They are available from etrailer, amazon, and many other retailers.

Hikerdogs
2013 Winnebago Adventurer

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/20 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Police vehicles have push bars, it sounds like your looking for grille guards. Try here Grille Gaurds

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/20 08:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hikerdogs wrote:

down home wrote:

Could have posted this in several places but it applies to Motorhoem Owners in this case.
Roadmaster did offer crash guards/brush guards that plugged int into the horns of the baseplate, but no more. They really didn't market them.
We now have a 2019 Edge ST and it uses mounts that are roudn, and more like Blue ox perhaps.
We have a lot of deer in our area, in our yard and even on the porches..and even a few cattle that get out from behind the fence..In Az we saw lots of Pronghorns and some hti by cars and Elk and Javelinas.
I can buy a crash guard as used on patrol cars but...I would not be able to mount it, I believe without removing the Roadmaster base plate.
I may bee wrong about this.
Has anyone mounted a crash gaurd on their towed vehicle in particular a Ford Edge ST or know of equpmetn that can be used We've hti more than one deer and it is costly.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you make the statement "crash guards/brush guards that plugged into the horns of the baseplate". However they did offer the "Guardian Rock Shield".

https://roadmasterinc.com/products/protection_storage/protect_store.php

If this is what you're looking for it's still listed as a product on their website. They are available from etrailer, amazon, and many other retailers.

Guardian Rock Shield won't stop much and it blocks the radiator. Overheat big time...plus it stick above the hood.
They made a black and they made chrome brush guard . or whatever their label was. Didn't cost much about 180 to 250 dollars I think I remember. It plugged into the horns in place of the two equipment.

donkeydew

OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/20/20 07:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guardian Rock Shield won't stop much and it blocks the radiator. Overheat big time...plus it stick above the hood.
They made a black and they made chrome brush guard . or whatever their label was. Didn't cost much about 180 to 250 dollars I think I remember. It plugged into the horns in place of the two equipment. quote

you take it off and store under the motor home when using the toad,a two minute job and does not over heat vehicle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Crash Guards on Towed
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.