Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: RV Doctor Dies
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Doctor Dies

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/20 12:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm sorry the RV Doctor died, though, I didn't know of him until this thread.

Covid-19 is just another flu, just my opinion. However, I'm not going to cower in my home like it's the global boogy-man, there's plenty of sky-is-falling types for that. Did anyone here know that the 2018-2019 influenza season killed 34,200 people in the USA? Were you hiding in your homes behind a face mask during that time or did you not even know about it?

How about H1N1 Swine Flu in 2009? 60 million cases in the USA, 12,469 deaths. Anybody here wear a face mask back then? Any businesses closed? We were bombarded with social distancing? Any campgrounds close? Was it all over the news? Was President Obama being attacked?

I'm sorry that anyone has died from Covid-19 but there have been just as many people dying every year from the regular flu but that doesn't have people running in a panic. Why is that? Why is this flu bug is being over-hyped by the media?

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/20 12:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

Covid-19 is just another flu, Did anyone here know that the 2018-2019 influenza season killed 34,200 people in the USA? Were you hiding in your homes behind a face mask during that time or did you not even know about it?

2017 to 2018 the flu killed about 65,000 Americans but yet no lock down than..

Some older people just cant handle a bad flu or the Covid-19.

Open America back up...

NJRVer

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/20 01:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

Covid-19 is just another flu, Did anyone here know that the 2018-2019 influenza season killed 34,200 people in the USA? Were you hiding in your homes behind a face mask during that time or did you not even know about it?

Open America back up...

Did 14,000 of them die in one week?

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 01:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

Did anyone here know that the 2018-2019 influenza season killed 34,200 people in the USA??Why is this flu bug is being over-hyped by the media?
Do we have to go through this again?

We have a vaccine for the flu. We have nothing but protection and distancing for this.

The responsible media reports what the medical profession says, they don't make up stuff to scare people any more than they cause toilet paper hoarding. I don't know where this idea comes from, unless it's just an offshoot of the ever-popular conspiracy of 'fake news.'

Perhaps Fox is more to your liking who continually downplay, ridicule and lie about it with their so-called 'doctors.'

jfkmk

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 01:42pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

I'm sorry the RV Doctor died, though, I didn't know of him until this thread.

Covid-19 is just another flu, just my opinion. However, I'm not going to cower in my home like it's the global boogy-man, there's plenty of sky-is-falling types for that. Did anyone here know that the 2018-2019 influenza season killed 34,200 people in the USA? Were you hiding in your homes behind a face mask during that time or did you not even know about it?

How about H1N1 Swine Flu in 2009? 60 million cases in the USA, 12,469 deaths. Anybody here wear a face mask back then? Any businesses closed? We were bombarded with social distancing? Any campgrounds close? Was it all over the news? Was President Obama being attacked?

I'm sorry that anyone has died from Covid-19 but there have been just as many people dying every year from the regular flu but that doesn't have people running in a panic. Why is that? Why is this flu bug is being over-hyped by the media?

Do a search for covid-19 compared to influenza. Then keep in mind there is no vaccine for covid-19, and you will quickly realize why people are taking precautions.

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/18/20 01:52pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jeez, people![emoticon]
Can't we just focus on Gary and his contributions to the RV community and NOT turn this into another frickin argument about the Corona virus.
Gary deserves better than this, ESPECIALLY in a RV forum.

Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 01:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

Can't we just focus on Gary and his contributions to the RV community and NOT turn this into another frickin argument about the Corona virus..
x2.. thank you.

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 02:00pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Letting the world know that Covid 19 is STILL a problem is a very wise thing to do.
Here in California, the spread of the virus has not changed in weeks. Both infection and death rates have been the same since the beginning of the month. The states where they are considering this as over are going to have massive problems. This is not ending anytime soon if these areas are left to handle themselves.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 02:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

NJRVer wrote:

timmac wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

Open America back up...

Did 14,000 of them die in one week?

What is the cut off number to shut down society? And do you care about the lives that will be lost or cut short because of the shut down?

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/18/20 02:08pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bikendan wrote:

Jeez, people![emoticon]
Can't we just focus on Gary and his contributions to the RV community and NOT turn this into another frickin argument about the Corona virus.
Gary deserves better than this, ESPECIALLY in a RV forum.

I agree, but just so we're clear it was the hide under you bed folks who started the debate when BOPlenty posted this:

"And to think that some people don't think this is a real problem."

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> RV Doctor Dies
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.