cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

new coachmen prism 2200fs - what does this switch do?

meauslix
Explorer
Explorer
hello all,

I purchased my first motorhome this week...a 2020 coachmen prism 2200fs. I've always had bumper pull trailers and couldn't be more thrilled with the change! I took it out camping off the grid this weekend and cannot figure out what one of the switches does, nor can I find it in any of the documentation.

its a blue lit-up switch under the cabinets above the sink. I have attached a photo for reference. any ideas? I'll put a call into the dealership tomorrow. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/wBVJc93
44 REPLIES 44

meauslix
Explorer
Explorer
furthur wrote:
jbgjbg wrote:
Did you ever get your WiFiiRanger working and if so, was it the blue switch? I bought a 2020 Coachman Prism 2200FS and have the same problem. The dealer didnโ€™t have a clue what the switch was for. I donโ€™t see the WifiRanger network when I turn it on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, did you ever get your WiFiRanger working on your Prism? I have spent way too many hours on this and seem to be getting nowhere. The blue switch goes on, but I do not see the WifiRanger Network in my available networks. Thanks.

Yep..I took it back to the dealership under warranty and they discovered that the installers had flipped the wires connecting wifi ranger. They corrected the wiring and now it works great!

furthur
Explorer
Explorer
jbgjbg wrote:
Did you ever get your WiFiiRanger working and if so, was it the blue switch? I bought a 2020 Coachman Prism 2200FS and have the same problem. The dealer didnโ€™t have a clue what the switch was for. I donโ€™t see the WifiRanger network when I turn it on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, did you ever get your WiFiRanger working on your Prism? I have spent way too many hours on this and seem to be getting nowhere. The blue switch goes on, but I do not see the WifiRanger Network in my available networks. Thanks.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
meauslix wrote:
Final follow-up. The blue switch is wifi ranger. They had the wires flipped. Fixed that, and now it works! Mystery solved.

Tnx for the follow up. I guess BLUE is now the official WIFI color !

When people ask 'what is good quality rv to buy' ?
We have take into consideration the exterior, the interior, what's inside the walls and now 'how they assembled it inside the walls'.
All four areas to consider in order to give it a 4 star rating ๐Ÿ˜‰

Actually switching wires at terminals is more common than we would like to think. As when cable tv connections do not work. I have seen it on a few tv connections and I'm a little angry at myself for not suggesting it for your switch. :M
I guess my brain was focused on 'the function of the switch'. I guess we are all still learning.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Oh Lord....
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh

meauslix
Explorer
Explorer
Final follow-up. The blue switch is wifi ranger. They had the wires flipped. Fixed that, and now it works! Mystery solved.

meauslix
Explorer
Explorer
I dropped it off at the dealership for some warranty items...I'll let you all know what they say about the blue switch!

meauslix
Explorer
Explorer
jbgjbg wrote:

Nope! I live 3 hours away from the dealership and haven't been able to get it in yet. They sent me in all sorts of different directions, but nothing worked. I plan on making an appointment for warranty service in the next couple of months to get it figured out.

I've been out 10 times in the last few months, and have no idea if the blue switch does anything. If you beat me to figuring it out, please post your results.

Thanks!

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

jbgjbg
Explorer
Explorer

meauslix
Explorer
Explorer
Dealer finally got back to me this morning and said that it IS the wifi ranger switch. However, after waiting several minutes, and trying a few times, there is no wifi ranger network showing up. I know they take a few minutes to boot, but it seems like its not getting power. I'm plugged into AC. I'll call em for support if I cant get it rolling, but MYSTERY SOLVED! thx everyone.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
I think thats it. because in the vids I watched there is a sticker next to the switch in some videos.
Mike L ... N.J.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm, blue switch, Bluetooth? Might be something to do with that, wifi hotspot on/off, or the wifi ranger thingy.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

meauslix
Explorer
Explorer
lawrosa wrote:
I dont think it would be for the wifi ranger....

there is a wifi ranger thing on the roof, and a manual. I didnt think of that...I'll check!