cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is anyone going anywhere?

atsrmf
Explorer
Explorer
With gas prices the way they are, there hasn't been a better time to take a long motorhome trip in years. What is to keep someone from doing just that, assuming you stayed with the rig and didn't venture to any businesses? Most aren't open anyway, from what I have read.
35 REPLIES 35

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well the door has been cracked open but the security chain is still hooked. I can see where I want to go but can't get there yet.

MD state parks are open again, check. I can make airline reservations for early June to get to Baltimore, check. The Bermuda airport is still closed with no idea when it will reopen. Chain.

We have a serious case of 'Rock Fever' going here.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
We leave Utah on Friday. Last leg of our trip to a job at Grand Tetons. Maintenance job is deemed essential, so will be there all summer. Yahoo!!

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
Am I going anywhere? Yeah. Going Crazy.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

SheriGoddart33
Explorer
Explorer
I plan to leave somewhere after quarantine. I feel locked

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
We'll be moving from Whidby Island down to Gold Beach if everything goes according to plan (ha!) this week. Not finding any rv parks near Astoria, which is where we need to stop for the night so not sure what to do. A roadside pullout perhaps? The uncertainty is wearing on me.

Jaybird
Explorer
Explorer
In our driveway, exercising the generator and watching TV thru the antenna!
32' Fleetwood Southwind,
Chevrolet HHR with Stowmaster
"Wrong side of the fence for the rest of the State of California"

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is the cheap time to travel, but not the best time to travel by a long shot.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Not staying home.... going camping on long trips.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are going back yard camping after this next storm system moves through. In the back yard we can experience coyotes, deer, bobcats, foxes and even a few wolves. Not bad for south central Wisconsin. Some of the locals don't believe that we have resident wolves. Two have been hit by cars on the interstate less than 7 miles from my house in the last two years. They are fun to listen to at night. All outdoor fires are illegal in Wisconsin unless you are cooking food. I use this excuse to have a couple of s'mores every night. I also have some wooded property 50 miles away. I will be camping there also.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
"Is anyone going anywhere?"

Every April we start our camping season with a local trip a few towns over. With everthing closed down we decided to go camping without the camper. Here's us doing day trips at the campground to do some fly fishing, enjoying the sun and do a lunch on our gas grill. Making the best of what has been a tough situation here in ct

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
Veebyes wrote:
I can't even get off this rock if I wanted to. The airport is closed. Nothing commercial flying till at least early May. We are going into a second 2 week installment of curfew. Grocery & drug stores only open, though more are opening this week like home improvement stores but curbside pickup only.

Shopping days are restricted depending on your name i.e. only 2 days a week for each group.

We were supposed to be into our second week of a 100 day RV trip at this point. Right now looking at end of May, if we are lucky, to get out of here.

We were stuck there years ago when Jet Blue was melting down. It sounded like such a great place to be stuck, but stuck is stuck and it really isn't fun wherever you are. The Gosling's Black Seal helped to soften the sting.

Oh I have plenty of black rum on hand. I also have the ginger beer for making Dark & Stormys along with the mixings & knowledge for a killer Rum Swizzle.

No time for that stuff yet. The DW has a list of 'Honey Do's' that seems to grow by the day.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

garrettmiller
Explorer
Explorer
Stay at home,stay safe ๐Ÿ™‚

dedmiston
Veebyes wrote:
I can't even get off this rock if I wanted to. The airport is closed. Nothing commercial flying till at least early May. We are going into a second 2 week installment of curfew. Grocery & drug stores only open, though more are opening this week like home improvement stores but curbside pickup only.

Shopping days are restricted depending on your name i.e. only 2 days a week for each group.

We were supposed to be into our second week of a 100 day RV trip at this point. Right now looking at end of May, if we are lucky, to get out of here.

We were stuck there years ago when Jet Blue was melting down. It sounded like such a great place to be stuck, but stuck is stuck and it really isn't fun wherever you are. The Gosling's Black Seal helped to soften the sting.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230