Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: RV Lifestyle: Is anyone going anywhere?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Is anyone going anywhere?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
atsrmf

Indio

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 12:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With gas prices the way they are, there hasn't been a better time to take a long motorhome trip in years. What is to keep someone from doing just that, assuming you stayed with the rig and didn't venture to any businesses? Most aren't open anyway, from what I have read.

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/20 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

we'll be headed for home in IL ftom AZ on 4/30.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

MountainAir05

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My state is close down. Just to the Doctor or food. Not suppose to be out on the street.

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 12:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was on the road in mid-March from Florida to Texas and the COE parks were beginning to close, the parks were pretty full, and it was getting hard to find a place to stay. Now the COE parks, Texas, Florida, and most other states have closed their public campgrounds. Most private campgrounds are still open, but more expensive. Some states are starting to see public protests against the lockdown and some are starting to relax the closures, but not much yet.

I picked a private RV park in central Texas and I'm saving money spending about $400 for a 30 day rental and very little on gas. I plan to go up to northern Arkansas (cooler) in about 2 weeks and look for another 30 day rental, if I can. I may hit a few parks in Texas (if they open) and Oklahoma on the way. Watch out for the stay at home Nazis. I'm hoping for a wave a lawsuits to challenge all of this nonsense and maybe they will think twice before they do it again.

Lwiddis

Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/20 12:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Violate city, county and state stay at home orders? I can wait for the fun of camping. Not much of a sacrifice IMO. Your cabin fever is that bad? “and didn't venture to any businesses?” ?No gasoline? No grocery shopping or fast food? No water refill or dumping?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

DFord

Near St Louis, MO

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Leaving home and coming down with the virus would be a perfect storm with no way out.

I'm staying put until it's much safer to go out. Darwin has a way of weeding out those that don't think.

I wear a mask when I go out. It will do a good job of protecting others if I cough for sneeze. I do that in respect for their health and I expect them to return that respect by wearing one. I see too many thinking they're somehow immune or just don't care. I don't want to be around them because I value my health so I'll stay at home until the danger passes.

Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

Edd505

Elephant Butte, NM

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/19/20 12:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Travel plan while we have the virus around;
[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

romore

Okanagan valley British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 12:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What will you do when you run low on supplies, gas or have to empty the porta potty? I go to the neighboring town for groceries or take out just to get out of the house for a bit, I do visit a friend but we stay outside and maintain our distance. IMHO, the masks do little to prevent spread of the virus but if they make the wearer feel better so be it.

atsrmf

Indio

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 01:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

With restaurants closed except for fast food, all cooking would have to be done in the RV. My thought is that as long as you're in the motorhome you are socially distant by a lot. Just stay away from other humans except to get supplies, gas, of empty the tank. As an added bonus traffic is down. Just use common sense precautions to keep from getting the virus. Or stick to back roads and enjoy the scenery. Just for a couple days would be enough! I have a sewer dump at my house, properly plumbed into the main sewer line.
I'm not planning a trip, except in my dreams. Just thinking out loud.

FloridaRosebud

Melbourne

View Profile

Posted: 04/19/20 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Edd505 wrote:

Travel plan while we have the virus around;
[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

Ha ha....perfect!!!

Al

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Lifestyle

> Is anyone going anywhere?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Lifestyle

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.