cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wisconsin Dells top campgrounds info?

jabres
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hi guys, was hoping this summer if everything opens up in late July, to come visit the Dells for the first time. Was hoping for some advice on a nice family orientated campground for kids (Ages 6 and 2).

Also, any advice on "must do" things while there. I appreciate it in advance!
5 REPLIES 5

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
fox run is my choice

Camreal
Explorer
Explorer
Was up there many years ago and remember the mosquitos, terrible

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Stand Rock campground is pretty nice. A couple miles from downtown dells, but far enough out that you feel like you're in the middle of no where. I recommend getting one of there visitor guides. You can spend a fortune their. You have to watch what you spend your money on. The Original Wisconsin Ducks, Noah's Ark water park, Upper Dells boat tour, everything else is a money pit. We go every few years, less now with the kids being out of high school.

As far as the virus. Watch and see what happens. I would think things should be open, but with guidelines in place. It's going to be tough on them for Memorial Day since the,state is shut down till after Memorial Day!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
With children you will want to avoid Edge-o-Dells campground. It is a party place with adult entertainment.
If you want nature, I agree with Mirror Lake State Park. 15 miles away is
Devils Lake State Park. These 2 parks will fill up in less than an hour of an announcement that the parks are open. Private campgrounds will almost all have a pool and assorted kids stuff. Dell Pines just south of Wisc Dells is very family oriented with nice facilities and friendly staff.
I live 10 miles from the area so if you want some more details, shoot me a PM.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Dells are a huge tourist spot. With lots of people so it will be interesting to see how that all shakes out. Mirror lake state park is my go to park when visiting the Dells which we go several times a year. But rarely venture into the Dells. Before it was the water park capital of the world it was all about the nature which there is a lot to explore. If you need a bunch of activities at the campground one of the private parks might be in order. I have been to a handful and they are all about the same. Baraboo has merry Mac which is a bit tight but a kids fun zone with all kinds of stuff to do. Must do...:the upper Dells is pretty cool and there are a bunch of boat tours. If the kids can sit for a few hour dinner at a nice restaurant Ishnala on mirror lake is worth a visit. Otherwise the Dells offers just about anything you can think of.