Explorer
If you add led bulbs to rv tail, brake lights are they plug and play

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
8 REPLIES 8

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
x2, Cummins. eTrailer has a bunch available.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
If anyone is have problems with your truck display not recognizing that the trailer is connected your left and right turn signal flashing rapidly in the truck, here is the solution. This connector will save your days and hours trying to hunt down the problem.

Curt
7-Way RV Blade LED Electrical Adapter (Not a Wiring Extension) #57003
MSRP $31.75 USD

Enables vehicles with a 7-way RV blade socket to recognize LED trailer lights
7-Way RV Blade LED Electrical Adapter (Not a Wiring Extension) #57003
MSRP $31.75 USD

Enables vehicles with a 7-way RV blade socket to recognize LED trailer lights
Built-in, integrated resistors for computers that don't recognize LED lights
7-way connects tail, brake, reverse, turn signals, brakes and auxiliary power
Simple plug-and-play design eliminates the need for cutting or splicing
Spring-loaded dust cover keeps connector clean when not in use
Chuck

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Personally I would replace the whole thing with a true LED assembly.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
LED lamps that fit straight into sockets are normally plug and play. If the light system has lamp outage indication system, the LEDs may need ballast resistors to lie to the system as noted in previous post referencing traffic signal conflict monitor.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Navy_E-8
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2018 F250 pulling a 2018 Jayco Whitehawk 26RK. Had to replace a rear light on the T/T las year. Nary a problem with anything.....

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
agesilaus wrote:
Well maybe, I know that some people that did it on Ford trucks a couple of years ago ran into strange computer problems. Not the right electrical properties that the truck was expecting or something. That may be fixed on newer LED lamps.

I assume that is the truck not the trailer but you can get some odd things happening.

When we first started using LED heads in traffic signals, we had to spec a different conflict monitor because the amperage was so low, the old version thought all the lights were out and threw the signals into emergency flash mode.

Simple solution in vehicle applications is to add a small heating element, so there is enough power used to be detected.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well maybe, I know that some people that did it on Ford trucks a couple of years ago ran into strange computer problems. Not the right electrical properties that the truck was expecting or something. That may be fixed on newer LED lamps.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pretty much.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"