cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hipcamp.com ? It's taking reservations during pandemic

hertfordnc
Explorer
Explorer
From what i have gathered hipcamp.com is like AirBandB for campers with people sharing a few spots on private property for nice rates and with limited accommodations.

It also appears they are sliding around shutdown orders as several places are currently accepting reservations.

I searched this forum and found very little discussion about it.
Dave & Ellen Silva

Hertford, North Carolina

2002 Excursion
2007 Shamrock Hybrid
1972 Revcon
1976 GMC Birchaven (hot rod with plumbing)

Finding propane leaks with a match and towing in overdrive since 1987.
5 REPLIES 5

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Private property owners offering one or two camp sites are not necessarily doing anything contrary to social distancing. I don't see a problem. But I suppose anyone who thinks dogmatically that all campers need to stay home, period, would have a problem with this.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

hertfordnc
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
If they are taking reservations for locations where such reservations are prohibited, it says a lot about the integrity of the website and the individuals who are renting those sites.

Not sure if that's the case- In my area state parks are closed, private campgrounds have a lot of restriction regarding activities (like don't have any)

But there are no travel restrictions so if an owner or private property allows you to drive on and his property and camp it probably falls within the rule.

I'm looking for pre-zombie apocalypse feedback on the service.
Dave & Ellen Silva

Hertford, North Carolina

2002 Excursion
2007 Shamrock Hybrid
1972 Revcon
1976 GMC Birchaven (hot rod with plumbing)

Finding propane leaks with a match and towing in overdrive since 1987.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
If they are taking reservations for locations where such reservations are prohibited, it says a lot about the integrity of the website and the individuals who are renting those sites.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with them but I say more power to them.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Hipcamp seems to be encouraging travel for their own profit.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad