cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SC State Parks Plan to Reopen

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
SC State Parks plan to reopen May 1. They will start limited and expand services as time goes by. Camping and cabins are good to go for May 1 for existing reservations. New reservations can be booked for May 11 and beyond.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf
22 REPLIES 22

dedmiston
I think this topic has gone far enough.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
Dodge guy, would you have made sacrifices in the 40s or 1918? I think not cuzz you are unwilling now.

What sacrifices. The vast majority of the people dying are older people in very poor health with less than a year to live. Sure they have died sooner rather than later, but it was inevitable.

You donโ€™t like it talk to Mother Nature. Sheโ€™s the one doing the house cleaning. Yes itโ€™s harsh but this is what nature does! Just like forest fires. Once itโ€™s cleared out things get even better than they were before! Sorry to be blunt, but we are adults and this is exactly whatโ€™s happening!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

dedmiston
Lwiddis wrote:
Dodge guy, would you have made sacrifices in the 40s or 1918? I think not cuzz you are unwilling now.

Please don't make this so personal.

Lwiddis wrote:
I am ashamed of many of you.

I think some people have opinions of you too. Maybe it's time to tone it down a little.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I find many of these posts not only foolish for the poster but selfish to others. And selfish for what? Not being able to go camping isn't a tragedy. An extra death from Corona virus that was unnecessary is a tragedy. It is similar to going to a remote area and firing a gun in every direction without looking. You probably won't hit anyone, but you could.

I am ashamed of many of you.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
โ€œOur mental health is just as important and the people that are getting sick!โ€

Your mental health need or your need have fun camping?

Mental health. People can't be expected to sit in there house for months and be OK with it. Sooner or later some will snap. It is a fact.

If you don't want to go out fine, but I for one would like to get out and decompress.

Can't imagine how this country faced real adversity like WWII, now we're so tough sitting on the sofa will create a tragic event. How weak are we?

This isnโ€™t the 40โ€™s anymore (or 1918 for that matter when people compare it to the Spanish flu). Things are a bit different now. Not even comparable!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

A bad day camping is

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Good grief? 47,750 AMERICANS have died from Corona virus, wildtoad. How many more before you become...concerned?

And 90% of that number are from high density areas, with crowded sidewalks, make high use of public transportation. Am I concerned about getting the virus? Sure but not to the level of wanting to crawl under a rock until it goes away. Going to a state park, staying in my own MH, staying on my own site, eating my own food (mostly), walking on the mostly empty beach, vacant walking trails will make catching or transmitting the virus such a low risk as not to be measurable.

Different areas of the country, state, county (Parrish for some), towns are experiencing more or less cases of this thing and should react accordingly. Mandating Everyone stay home until every area is cleared of the virus is not a solution.

Itโ€™s time for those areas less affected to start letting the people get back to work. Not for their mental health necessarily but to start to rebuild the economy. The stay at home policy has driven many farmers to destroy freshly harvested vegetables, oil companies , cruise lines, airlines, hotels, thousands of restaurants going or coming close to going out of business. I fear the fallout from the cure far more than the disease!
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
dodge guy wrote:
Lwiddis wrote:
โ€œOur mental health is just as important and the people that are getting sick!โ€

Mental health. People can't be expected to sit in there house for months and be OK with it. Sooner or later some will snap. It is a fact.

If you don't want to go out fine, but I for one would like to get out and decompress.

Can't imagine how this country faced real adversity like WWII, now we're so tough sitting on the sofa will create a tragic event. How weak are we?
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

A bad day camping is

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Good grief? 47,750 AMERICANS have died from Corona virus, wildtoad. How many more before you become...concerned?

In your world, can one be concerned, but also agree to reasonable efforts to reopen, if social distancing guidelines etc are met?

Im guessing not.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well put wildtoad.

Some people want the entire population to stay holed up until no reported cases for at least a year.

Glad to see some states are being realistic.

I can absolutely stay way more than 6ft away from people while camping. There's no need to visit any campground staff.. nor they to visit me. Alot easier while camping than not.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good grief. .01% of our population have encountered the virus. 3% of that .01% have passed away and some may have died from other causes shortly due to other reasons. There is no reason NOT to start opening parks and businesses especially if they follow common sense hygiene and distancing guidelines. People in other states may have different conditions and opinions. Golf courses are open and doing a booming business. Allowing camping in our wonderful state parks is a good thing.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
dodge guy wrote:
jdc1 wrote:
Good luck with it. Hopefully all the campground staff doesn't contact Covid19 because of that decision. If they do, the campers should be footing the bill.

And if they do chances are that they wonโ€™t even know they are sick. Just like most everyone else.

Unfortunately the way it works many may not know, but sooner or later they infect someone who does know. From there we are just rolling the dice.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide