cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opening of National Parks, Forests & State Parks

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
For us gearing up for camping once lockdown is lifted.

I imagine it will take a lot of searches as the opening will be phased based on some local health metrics.

Let's be of service of one another to announce here if you local public park is opening or has opened,.

Thanks in advance.
79 REPLIES 79

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Boon Docker wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
I think people are sick of this bogus covid scam. You can't believe the CDC or Dr F because they have been wrong so much of the last couple of months. People want to live their lives. Sick people, susceptible people, and scaredy cats need to stay home and not rag on the rest of us.

Heckuva scam that kills 93,000 in 2.5 months. Thats even better than that Flu scam.

The so-called cure to covid 19 has caused many thousands of deaths like Gov Cuomo sending covid positive patients to elder care homes to to spread their disease and kill them. We've been doing lock down or go to jail because the CDC and Dr F said so. Now Dr F is reversing himself. The CDC has been spreading many lies. CDC says everyone who dies with covid dies from covid. They have purposely inflated the covid death numbers

Lets empty our prisons so the prisoners don't get covid (and so they could commit more crimes). But we're going to arrest law-abiding shop owners who open up their businesses to keep from being bankrupted. NY mayor is going to drag people out of the water this weekend. Everybody wear a mask in Los Angeles or go to jail. Yet studies show the masks do more harm to the wearer than they help.

How are these 'cures' helping our nation?

Can we stick to the topic please?

We don't want to have the moderators pull this useful thread down but your craziness and idiocy is embarrassing me.:o

You can even open up a separate topic and thread and invite your fellow patients and inmates in your former or current mental institution to it.

So I beg you please!:)

He managed to get one shut down yesterday hopefully the same don't happen again to this one.

He is a Covid denier and so are the top officials of the state. I am not rejoicing as I don't want it on anyone, but his state is in the worst case with spikes of cases.

Now back to topic.

We were able to sneak into camping in Lassen National Park/Forest but I'm not confident they would keep it open with the many stubborn and suicidal (homicidal) health protocol violators that the park ranger had to shoot and beg and for compliance.

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
I think people are sick of this bogus covid scam. You can't believe the CDC or Dr F because they have been wrong so much of the last couple of months. People want to live their lives. Sick people, susceptible people, and scaredy cats need to stay home and not rag on the rest of us.

Heckuva scam that kills 93,000 in 2.5 months. Thats even better than that Flu scam.

The so-called cure to covid 19 has caused many thousands of deaths like Gov Cuomo sending covid positive patients to elder care homes to to spread their disease and kill them. We've been doing lock down or go to jail because the CDC and Dr F said so. Now Dr F is reversing himself. The CDC has been spreading many lies. CDC says everyone who dies with covid dies from covid. They have purposely inflated the covid death numbers

Lets empty our prisons so the prisoners don't get covid (and so they could commit more crimes). But we're going to arrest law-abiding shop owners who open up their businesses to keep from being bankrupted. NY mayor is going to drag people out of the water this weekend. Everybody wear a mask in Los Angeles or go to jail. Yet studies show the masks do more harm to the wearer than they help.

We don't want to have the moderators pull this useful thread down but your craziness and idiocy is embarrassing me.:o

You can even open up a separate topic and thread and invite your fellow patients and inmates in your former or current mental institution to it.

He managed to get one shut down yesterday hopefully the same don't happen again to this one.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite announced extended closing into July of the rest of the campgrounds.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
There are so many reports from state and city health officials of violations in Covid-19 protocols on their soft openings that it will not surprise me at all if they postpone full openings or re-close.

Not a few times that we are our own worst enemies -- and afterwards, we whine and complain.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Got a phone call last evening (June 18) from Oasis State Park near Clovis, NM. My reservation for 6/25-27 is being cancelled due to park campground closure being extended through July 4.

Got a longer automated voice mail from New Mexico State Parks that all reservations are being cancelled for camping in their parks from now through July 4. I will be refunded my camping reservation costs - less the non-refundable $12 per reservation fee (what NM pays RA and themselves for processing the reservation).

We have reservations for Oasis SP 6/25-27, Sumner Lake SP 6/28-30, Manzano Mountain SP 7/1-2.

Looking now for alternate commercial campgrounds with open space. Will probably buzz through NM quickly in a couple days rather than take 8 days and enjoy the sights.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Campgrounds Open and Closures - Covid 19

Looks like only a few of National Parks are open this Memorial Day weekend -- and with severe restrictions (ie, Day-use only).

More USFS and USDA campgrounds are open (see State-by-State closures) on the link.

Of course, state and county parks are based on decisions by local authorities.

Be safe and enjoy!

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
azdryheat wrote:

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
What is the point of closing National Parks to overnight camping yet allowing day use with closed bathrooms? How is that going to stop the spread of covis?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Booked my first camping trip for year at Lassen National Forest for next week.

See you around people.

Enjoy and be safe.

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
J herb wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
I think people are sick of this bogus covid scam. You can't believe the CDC or Dr F because they have been wrong so much of the last couple of months. Studies are already showing that continuous mask wearing doesn't keep out the virus but it does put the wearer at risk.

People want to live their lives. Sick people, susceptible people, and scaredy cats need to stay home and not rag on the rest of us.

Seriously? You want to volunteer to be a test subject so you'll have a first hand knowledge that it's really. a scam?:E

I'm sure so many will give you a Darwin Award in turn.

He need to go to NYC hospital and volunteer in the ICU ,CCU and the ER with out PPE as he thinks this is " BOGUS "

MY wife took care of people in the CCU & ICU for 33 years and no doctors or nurses died some may have gotten sick but not many and this was doing the H1N1 ( Swine Flu ).

Hope that his family doesn't gets this C19 because of his BS.

My wife's pilot bro-in-law died from it from his trip in Malaysia.

You won't even wish this on the worst of your enemies.
Your wife has her own pilot? Some people do have better lives than others. Sorry to hear her pilot's brother in law died. Did your wife have to cancel a trip while her pilot attended to his sister and family or does she have a back up pilot on the payroll as well? It was really, really, really bad luck that the brother in law got infected in Malaysia since year to date Malaysia has only had 7,000 cases in the country of 38 million people. I guess that would make sense if he was a practicing Muslim of the Tablighi Jamaat sect since most early Malaysian Covid cases (before international travel was stopped) were traced to a meeting of that sect. Guess that proves the Kevin Bacon game, everyone is really only separated by 6 degrees or less.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
bukhrn wrote:
Virginia state park CG's were to open today, I haven't checked to see if they actually did.
I guess they did, https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/covid-19-update
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Virginia state park CG's were to open today, I haven't checked to see if they actually did.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Reservable USFS campgrounds in Texas are opening in early June, at least Recreation.gov is taking reservations for those dates.

Santa Fe NF in New Mexico is taking reservations starting June 15.

Ozark NF in Arkansas is taking reservations starting June 1.

Cedar Lake in the Ouachita NF in Oklahoma is taking reservations for the second week of June.

Apache Trout Campground in the Apache Sitgraves is apparently open now, but restrooms are closed, and there is no water available, no trash pickup. Carry out all your own trash. No tent camping allowed. Only RV's. Possible late June more services to be restored.

Deming NM paper reports thee additional recreation areas opened in the Gila NF 3 More Recreation Areas Reopen

This link has info from the Southwest Region of USFS for New Mexico
USFS Southwest Region
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
crcr wrote:
Anyone heard any news as to whether Forest Service campgrounds, run by the Dept of Agriculture, are opening for the summer? I haven't been able to find any news so far.

Some are opening May 22.

But to know which one, you have to check with the region-district under which the campground you want to go is under.

Search USDA Forest Service campground opening.