Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Travel When Restrictions lifted
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Travel When Restrictions lifted

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Slowmover

Fort Worth, TX

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/20 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

Our campground was almost full and the people we interacted with seemed to act like the Covid didn't exist (retired military, LEO, and fire).

There lies the problem with opening things up too soon with idiots like that, while active cases are still on the rise.

With a 99.9% survival rate it doesn’t exist.
For ANY practical purpose.

1990 35' SILVER STREAK Sterling, 9k GVWR
2004 DODGE RAM 2WD 305/555 ISB, QC SRW LB NV-5600, 9k GVWR
Hensley Arrow; 11-cpm solo, 17-cpm towing fuel cost

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/20 05:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your percentage is a little off.
At the present time the survival rate in the US is 94%

With 6 people dead out of every 100 people infected, I wouldn't call that non existent.

Gulfcoast

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/20 07:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

How do I put this doom and gloom thread on ignore?

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/20 07:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

With 6 people dead out of every 100 people infected, I wouldn't call that non existent.

Link please.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

DallasSteve

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/20 08:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Boon Docker wrote:

BoonDocker

The death rate is not nearly 6% because they have no idea how many people are infected. The only way to know that is to do sample testing. When they have done that the infection rate appears to be much higher so the death rate is much lower, probably less than 1%. Stop me if I'm going too fast for you.

Furthermore, the death rate among healthy people is much, much lower. Healthy people meaning those who have taken good care of they bodies with a good diet, plenty of exercise, and healthy habits like not smoking. Therein lies the problem: idiots who haven't taken care of their health. I have little sympathy for them.

Boon Docker

Mountain Foothills of Southern Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 05/09/20 11:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

Boon Docker wrote:

BoonDocker

The death rate is not nearly 6% because they have no idea how many people are infected. The only way to know that is to do sample testing. When they have done that the infection rate appears to be much higher so the death rate is much lower, probably less than 1%. Stop me if I'm going too fast for you.

Furthermore, the death rate among healthy people is much, much lower. Healthy people meaning those who have taken good care of they bodies with a good diet, plenty of exercise, and healthy habits like not smoking. Therein lies the problem: idiots who haven't taken care of their health. I have little sympathy for them.

I will type this slowly for your benefit, funny guy.

OK, let me word this another way. Six percent of the confirmed cases.

Confirmed cases: 1,343.937
Fatalities: 79,696

1,343,937 X 6% = 80,636

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 12:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well there is your problem.

To know the real number you have to take the number of people in the US and divided that number of people that died. That will give you the real number in % chance of dying in the US at this time. That number is now "at this time" is "about" .000243% of a chance of dying if you live in the US.

Now that is taking the US as a whole mean average. If you live in NYC your chances are higher than if you live in lets say Blue Eye Mo. And visa versa.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

Boon Docker wrote:

BoonDocker

Not to mention the inflated deaths. The numbers are misleading because a lot of the deaths aren’t actually from Corona.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 07:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dodge guy wrote:

Not to mention the inflated deaths. The numbers are misleading because a lot of the deaths aren’t actually from Corona.

How do you know about the "inflated deaths"? I don't even know what an inflated death is and I doubt that any contributor on a RV forum has the expertise and information to give an exact cause of death for Aunt Ethel.

TomG2

Central Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 07:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DallasSteve wrote:

....snip..... the death rate among healthy people is much, much lower. Healthy people meaning those who have taken good care of they bodies with a good diet, plenty of exercise, and healthy habits like not smoking. Therein lies the problem: idiots who haven't taken care of their health. I have little sympathy for them.

The death rate among "YOUNG" people is much much lower.

Not sure our parents and grandparents who are dying a very unpleasant death from the virus like being called "idiots". Name calling is easy and extremely popular these days.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Travel When Restrictions lifted
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.