cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Market

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. Curious how the RV buy/sell market is treating everyone. I've had a slide in on the market longer than I thought would happen, with very little to no interest. Notice the number count on RVTrader is down compared to what it usually does this time of year so maybe people are not attempting to sell, with no buyers.

Seems everything might be froze up!
10 REPLIES 10

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
Hate to break this suddenly, but our cases per 100,000 are 19th in the nation.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

rollindownthero
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a mask and gloves on the whole time I was there. 98% of the people had masks on as well. Everyone was keeping the 6' apart. But again I was just surprised at the number of people that were there.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
rollindowntheroad wrote:
Last weekend I purchased my first RV. The dealership I bought it at was packed with people. I was quite surprise by the number of people there. I did the PDI walk through and the woman said she had them scheduled all day long. I purchased mine at a dealer just east of Tampa, FL.

Florida. LOL. Where Covid19 is spreading like wildflower. Go figure.

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Right now, I think it's a little early to see big impacts.
- Feb/Early Mar: Is a bit early in the sales season.
- So April is the first big sales season but it's early enough that people/dealers can try to wait it out.
- Longer term (say June/July) if things aren't opened up, I would expect a big impact as more people become desperate for cash. Dealers may operate a little different as they have to turn a profit while an individual facing bankruptcy may benefit for selling at a loss if it allows them to keep their home.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"The dealership I bought it at was packed with people."

Sounds unsafe. Why are you taking these chances?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Odd that some dealerships are business as usual. Here in NC dealerships are closed unless repairs are needed and by appointment only. I know this is the case with several other states too. You can buy on line and they will deliver, but I am not sure who would buy an RV with this method. As far as the used market, my guess is people that were ready to sell their RV are waiting as buyer demand is probably really low. RV owners who lost their jobs may be trying to sell.

way2roll, I should clarify. RV dealers are closed here except for parts and by appointment only and some are selling online but allowing PDI's etc. but require practicing social distancing and wearing masks. I was referring to how much they are willing to make a deal. Discounts are business as usual with nothing special about how much they are willing to take off MSRP. Hopefully that clarifies what I meant.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting, maybe it is a bank deal also. I see the local state campground is doing pretty good business.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Odd that some dealerships are business as usual. Here in NC dealerships are closed unless repairs are needed and by appointment only. I know this is the case with several other states too. You can buy on line and they will deliver, but I am not sure who would buy an RV with this method. As far as the used market, my guess is people that were ready to sell their RV are waiting as buyer demand is probably really low. RV owners who lost their jobs may be trying to sell.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak for other areas but here in Western, NY dealers are doing business as usual as far as how they sell their RV's. No increased discounts or panic on their part. I believe if things stay the same for several more months you will see more of a willingness to make deals but not yet. I know because I've been trying to buy. One dealer told me that banks are leary about loaning money unless you put a substantial amount of cash down because of all the small business loans being handed out. They don't know if those businesses will use the money as intended so until they have that Guarantee that the Feds will forgive those loans and reimburse the banks, they are being conservative with other types of loans. My personal opinion is that these RV dealers are taking advantage of the small business loans so they aren't hurting yet and the bank loan issue make it too soon to get a really good deal. This is uncharted waters for all involved.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

rollindownthero
Explorer II
Explorer II
Last weekend I purchased my first RV. The dealership I bought it at was packed with people. I was quite surprise by the number of people there. I did the PDI walk through and the woman said she had them scheduled all day long. I purchased mine at a dealer just east of Tampa, FL.