Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Flag pole buddy
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Flag pole buddy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
allen8106

Burrton. KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/06/20 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I built an aluminum plate mounted with two square end u-bolts to the bumper then cut a 12" piece of 3 inch PVC pipe and used 3" u-bolts to mount that to the aluminum plate. The flag pole sets nicely down into the PVC pipe.

2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

JikSimted

new york

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/21 04:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used a couple of times the flagpole light and to be frankly I was very satisfied by its quality of the refractation and the stability bby which you can attach it. Of course at the beginning I had some doubts about that, bu unless you do not try, you never find out which product is the perfect fit for your needs. On top of that, it creates a better environment for the young generation to create better values since it is eye-chatching and attracts the kid's attention. Very good product at a reasonable price. So if I used it, don't worry, you can try it too.

* This post was edited 09/08/21 12:15am by JikSimted *

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/21 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had the Flag Pole Buddy, but gave it up after it broke several times. Now use an aluminum pole with a receiver mount and sat dish hard mounted on roof.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

2halfs

CA.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/21 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the pole. No we do not travel with it. Sometimes my husband will mount the flagpole to the front of the trailer.
It all depends on the wind. Our bedroom is in the back and if it is really windy night then the flagpole bumping around against the ladder is too noisy for us.
He likes the option of deciding where to place the flagpole, so each trip it comes down and gets packed away.

Happiness in an RV is a Full Tank of Gas,
and an Empty Holding Tank!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Flag pole buddy
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2022 CWI, Inc. © 2022 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.