Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Scraped my Bumper!
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Scraped my Bumper!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Mr.Mark

Out West and Mid South

View Profile

Posted: 04/27/20 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I guess you guys are different than me. I would have it fixed professionally because at resell, the new buyer is going to think 'what else did they cheap-out on'? Unless, the original poster can do a professional job.

When we had our previous '08 Dynasty in for service, an identical Dynasty came in for repairs. The fella's wife was in a fuel station and turned too sharp and scraped a pole on the rear passenger side which crushed the exhaust extension along with scraping the fiberglass pretty bad.

At the end of the day, I went to pick up our coach after it was serviced and the 'damaged' Dynasty was fresh and new, you could not tell that it was ever damaged. They did an excellent job fixing the fiberglass and replacing the chrome extension. The paint matched perfectly and all completed in one day.

Safe travels and quarantine!
Mark

Mr.Mark

2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo w/1,750 lb. ft. of torque, 1.5 baths, 4 slides.
2017 Lincoln MKX AWD V6 335 hp twin turbo.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 04/27/20 07:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are fiberglass repair guys that come to boat yards and RV parks that can repair in correctly and spray gelcoat to match. Get on the phone and internet and find one and do it right. I have seen guys come into our Az RV resort and do this kind of repair. There is one sitting at home right now waiting for your call and a chance to make 200 or 300 bucks.

* This post was edited 04/27/20 08:16am by Me Again *

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Scraped my Bumper!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.