cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arkansas State Parks to open...

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
This weekend. But just to Arkansas residents only and just self-contained rigs. No restrooms or bathhouses will be open. State park centers will be staffed, locations with restaurants or lodging and cabins will be open on weekends only. Sorry out-of-staters, need not apply.....
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"
30 REPLIES 30

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
sayoung wrote:
Redcatcher70 wrote:
sayoung, I have never stayed at that park. We have driven by lots of times, even drove around in the park a couple of times. We used to stay in Eureka Springs and drive over to War Eagle for the Craft and Art fall meet. Nothing like that area in the fall!!! Enjoy your visit, the weather is starting to warm up....

We usually get over to War Eagle Mill & have lunch. Usually the pintos & cornbread , saves gassing up on the way back ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
As to getting hot, it's already done that here . Made 89 today moving into mid 90's next week.

Sad to say War Eagle Mill has not reopened the restaurant yet.
We were on 29 from 6-4 till wed 6-10 & had a good time. I was surprised at how there was several empty sites and the tent campers are allowed back now.

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks pulp, I will check them out soon.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

pulpwood007
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
I've never stayed in a state park in AR, but I want to go to Cotter to do some fishing. I don't need a fancy resort just to spend the night. What's the best deal in the area? Thanks

Bulls Shoals State park is right below the dam and offers good tailwater fishing when they are not running water. It's about a 30 min drive down to Cotter. There is a nice private RV park at Cotter right on the river. Denton Ferry RV Park.

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Redcatcher70 wrote:
sayoung, I have never stayed at that park. We have driven by lots of times, even drove around in the park a couple of times. We used to stay in Eureka Springs and drive over to War Eagle for the Craft and Art fall meet. Nothing like that area in the fall!!! Enjoy your visit, the weather is starting to warm up....

We usually get over to War Eagle Mill & have lunch. Usually the pintos & cornbread , saves gassing up on the way back ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
As to getting hot, it's already done that here . Made 89 today moving into mid 90's next week.

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE, Arkansas Parks opened today for tent camping also. I am assuming bathhouses and restrooms will be open also. Check out the website for all the information.
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Withrow Springs SP near Huntsville ,Ar is letting this ole Texas boy camp on #29 starting Thursday. This is our annual stay here at this park since it's just a few miles from our family place. It's a small park but well kept & as long as you don't stay on the west side spots its pretty quiet

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
I stayed at a park in Arkansas last week and it was nice, except at that park in the mountains I had no cell service and no Internet. The wife was even more bummed out.

But my bigger complaint is that park had a check out time of 11 AM and a check in time of 4 PM. Does it take them 5 hours to change the sheets, clean the bathroom, and vacuum the rug at an RV space? No, it doesn't. They need about 5 milliseconds to get the space ready. I left at 1 PM and some guy was blocking me trying to back into his space with his super C. Which means we were probably both breaking the rules.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Redcatcher70 wrote:
gulf coast, the one RV park I hear most about is Denton Ferry RV Park in Cotter. I have never stayed there but looking at their website, all of the sites are out in the open, no shade. They look level and many pull-through. Located on the White River, and just one night, it might fit your needs.

It's a pvt park. We stayed there at Denton Ferry last June while fishing from Cotter. It was a nice quiet park & the owner was a nice guy
I talked to Arkansas SP and we are good to go. Just don't be from Louisiana, NY, NJ, or Conn. & no tent camping. Must have self contained bath.

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
gulf coast, the one RV park I hear most about is Denton Ferry RV Park in Cotter. I have never stayed there but looking at their website, all of the sites are out in the open, no shade. They look level and many pull-through. Located on the White River, and just one night, it might fit your needs.
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I've never stayed in a state park in AR, but I want to go to Cotter to do some fishing. I don't need a fancy resort just to spend the night. What's the best deal in the area? Thanks
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Redcatcher70 wrote:
sayoung, if I were you, I would still call the park and confirm you reservation. This virus stuff has muddled up a lot of things around here. It might save you hassle later, just saying from a retired State Employee......??

Allways double check our reservations as we usually set this trip up late Dec early Jan. Our get together is still in MAYBE mode. There is a new private park that's still convent north of Forum we could use if Arkansas changes its mind

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
sayoung, if I were you, I would still call the park and confirm you reservation. This virus stuff has muddled up a lot of things around here. It might save you hassle later, just saying from a retired State Employee......??
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
DallasSteve wrote:
Sorry to hear that it's not for out-of-staters. I'm not going to abandon my lifelong Texan status to move to Arkansas, as nice as it is. I'll spend my money in Oklahoma state coffers until Arkansas decides to allow out-of-state coughers. (COVID humor)

It appears that Arkansas is now allowing out of state campers. Those form New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, the city of New Orleans, and all international locations are being advised to self quarantine. Here is a link:

Arkansas COVID-19 Update

That's great as we have reservations since mid January at Withrow Springs ( #27) starting June 8th .