cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parks in Washington

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
The governor opened up state, county, city, private parks to day use only. No camping. That’s a start anyway.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!
7 REPLIES 7

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Keep in mind that Washington sent all their host out and reduced Ranger staff also, so
Parks May be a bit rough.
Currently the earliest they are looking at opening camping is July 1st.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
But still have to abide to the whole 'social distance' deal. Bathrooms are closed, no garbage (pack it in, pack it out... yeah, right.. People are going to do that! NOT), no groups, only go if it's local to where you are. If too many people show up, you are supposed to leave.... blah, blah, blah...

Yeah, it's a start, but it's going to be as big of a fail as opening the Calif beaches were last week..

Guess Calif is going to close them this weekend now?

Yep.. Friday, our Gov is gonna tell us we have to do this for another MONTH... then another month, then another... Get used to it..

Sorry for the Debbie Downer post..

Mitch

Current update from WA state park web site:

NOVEL CORONAVIRUS - COVID 19
Update as of April 27, 2020

State recreation lands to reopen May 5 for local day use only

The Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) and Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission (Parks) announced today they will reopen state-managed lands on Tuesday, May 5, for local day-use recreation only.

The reopening will apply to state-managed parks, wildlife areas, recreation land and boat launches. However, it may take several days for gates to be unlocked and sites to be serviced at remote areas due to limited staff capacity.

Some parks may not open immediately due to impacts on rural communities and the potential for crowding. State Parks is working with local communities and its partners to determine the best approach and timing to reopening these areas.

Visitor centers, camping and other overnight accommodations on state-managed lands will remain closed until further notice.

The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) also plans to reopen their recreation lands on May 5 for day use. For more information on DNR’s operations, visit DNR’s website.

State land managers recommend people come prepared and bring their own hand washing supplies, toilet paper and personal protective equipment as some sites will have reduced or limited restroom facilities. People should also be prepared to change plans if their destination appears crowded or is not yet fully operational.

If sites become overcrowded or other COVID-19 related public safety concerns develop, state agencies may close areas with limited notice to further protect public health and safety.

The public can find the latest information about Parks operations on this page. For WDFW operations, visit the WDFW website.?

GUIDELINES FOR RESPONSIBLE RECREATION IN THE OUTDOORS
Before you go

Check what’s open. While many state-managed land destinations are open for day use, other local, tribal, and federal land may still be closed.
Opt for day trips close to home. Overnight stays are not permitted.
Stay with immediate household members only. Recreation with those outside of your household creates new avenues for virus transmission.
Come prepared. Visitors may find reduced or limited restroom services as staff begin the process to reopen facilities at wildlife areas and water-access sites. You are advised to bring your own soap, water, hand sanitizer and toilet paper, as well as a mask or bandana to cover your nose and mouth.
Enjoy the outdoors when healthy. If you have symptoms of fever, coughing or shortness of breath, save your outdoor adventure for another day.
When you get there

Avoid crowds. Be prepared to go somewhere else or come back another time if your destination looks crowded.
Practice physical distancing. Keep 6 feet between you and those outside your immediate household. Launch one boat at a time to give others enough space to launch safely. Leave at least one parking space between your vehicle and the vehicle next to you. Trailer your boat in the same way.
Wash your hands often. Keep up on personal hygiene and bring your own water, soap and hand sanitizer with you.
Pack out what you pack in. Take any garbage with you, including disposable gloves and masks.
For information on Washington state’s response to COVID-19, visit www.coronavirus.wa.gov.

View previous COVID-19 updates.
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Birch Bay State Park was still closed as of 5pm today

ramyankee
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
Seen this before, like in NM. What is the point of having day camping and not overnight camping. This thought process makes no sense to me. If anything it makes more sense to ban day camping as that draws far more people to an area than overnight camping.

On another thought. I 'm reminded of the time, as a cop, I was working security at a high school graduation. The principal instructed the cops not to let any family on the football field when the graduation was over. Yeah, right. You all know what happened...we opened fire on all the parents coming onto the field. Not really, we got the hell out of the way of the stampede. That's what I'm hoping will happen at the California beaches. WE THE PEOPLE need to take back what is ours and to hell with the power hungry politicians.

Could not agree more. Exactly one of the many reasons we ditched california...
Rick and Patti 🙂
2 Proud Christian CONSERVATIVES 🙂
2002 Chevy Silverado, 8.1, Crew, LB, 3.73, 4X4
2020 Mesa Ridge 291rls
Now living in North Idaho (formerly Northeastern California) ... but the heart is with MONTANA STATE UNIVERSITY

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Seen this before, like in NM. What is the point of having day camping and not overnight camping. This thought process makes no sense to me. If anything it makes more sense to ban day camping as that draws far more people to an area than overnight camping.

On another thought. I 'm reminded of the time, as a cop, I was working security at a high school graduation. The principal instructed the cops not to let any family on the football field when the graduation was over. Yeah, right. You all know what happened...we opened fire on all the parents coming onto the field. Not really, we got the hell out of the way of the stampede. That's what I'm hoping will happen at the California beaches. WE THE PEOPLE need to take back what is ours and to hell with the power hungry politicians.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

dedmiston
Fingers crossed for you up there. I hope it goes well.

Our state is expected to go the other direction tomorrow. Reports are that all state parks and beaches will be closed. It's going to be another hot weekend and I wouldn't be surprised to see some pushback.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Great Socializing Experiment begins. We'll all be waiting to see how this plays out. Your state is the nations models right now.