cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Floor paint

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
We have a '97 Alumascape travel trailer with cracked vinyl floor covering in the kitchen and bathroom. I'm no good at laying down vinyl and thought that epoxy floor paint - the kind used for garage floors might seal and protect the solid plywood flooring under the vinyl. It's all solid - no rot. I'm just looking for an easy fix. Resale value for a trailer this old is not a concern.
Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

Wm_Elliot
Explorer
Explorer
"Unusual travel map you have for this forum.".. I have RV'd in Sinaloa Mexico a lot years ago back when diesel cost much less. The US and Canada maps have disappeared - I'll have to try to update.
Thanks for the suggestions - I'm still leaning towards the epoxy. Deck paint isn't what it used to be (VOC restrictions) . Tiles might be doable but the epoxy is much faster.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
You donโ€™t need the epoxy paint, just get porch paint. It adheres to wood very well, and is durable.

I like the idea of the vinyl plank too. Just beware that some can be very heavy. I installed it in the basement of my house and it weighs about 55# per 24 ft2. Not all is that heave, but some certainly is! Also, the installation instructions state it isnโ€™t for installation where it gets below freezing.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
It wont last long. Have you looked at vinyl planks? Much easier to install for the novice than sheet goods. They come in both snap together and glue down.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well if it adheres to the vinyl it would seal the floor. I've used it on wood and concrete floors and it works best on the concrete in my opinion but works on wood. But it can bond to both of those floors. It will wear off in high traffic areas especially on wood and even more so on vinyl would be my guess. Unless you plan to rip up the old vinyl. Which would make it work better.

Putting down those vinyl fake wood planks is really easy and there are plenty of YouTube videos on how to do it. The results look great too.

Unusual travel map you have for this forum.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper