Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: High end gasser or entry level DP
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> High end gasser or entry level DP

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Rikilee

Nova Scotia ,Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I went through a similar thought process last year. We wanted to full time, wasn't 100% sure how long or if we would like it. We owned MH's since the 80's. I considered purchasing a fairly new DP or gas. I considered the cost and availability of service, repairs, performing my own general maintenance. I thought about resale if we decided we didn't want to continue full time and wanted to purchase another house.

My decision was to purchase a good MH that we would be comfortable in for 2 years of full time. The price range was set so if we decided not to continue, we could justify the cost and resale value. After 2 years we will know exactly what we need. If we continue to full time we will upgrade and purchase our ideal unit.

2003 Coachmen Aurora Gold 3610KS
W22
Jeep Wrangler JK Toad

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What this thread reinforces is that there is no IDEAL coach for everyone.

Choose what meets YOUR needs, not what others have chosen to meet theirs.

No different than choosing a home, a car or most other things.

Agree, getting input on how others have made the best decision for THEM can certainly help-- again the same for choosing a car, etc.

Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

FMCA Forum: www.community.fmca.com/index

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/10/20 09:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wolfe10 wrote:

Agree, getting input on how others have made the best decision for THEM can certainly help-- again the same for choosing a car, etc.

You got that right and for us with houses, it was always location, location, location.
For cars, it was quality first, within our budget and as a result, have only bought one new one in my lifetime and that was a mistake, even though, many would say, it was too good a deal to pass up.
I've never bought a new RV or boat either, but never entry level.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/20 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wolfe10 wrote:

I wasn't asking for someone to make my decision for me. I know what my needs are. I was asking for information on the differences in ride, amenities and quality between a high end gasser and an entry level DP, Having not been in many pushers I thought folks on here would provide some insight.

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 05/11/20 08:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

wolfe10 wrote:

I wasn't asking for someone to make my decision for me. I know what my needs are. I was asking for information on the differences in ride, amenities and quality between a high end gasser and an entry level DP, Having not been in many pushers I thought folks on here would provide some insight.

IMO and from what I've seen, a high end gasser and an entry level DP are pretty much equal, except for the ride and just as long as the DP has air bags. In that dept. there shouldn't be any comparison, between riding on air vs flexing steel. Then there's the engine noise between the driver and passenger which is pretty obvious.
I think the biggest thing that amazes me with our first Diesel here, is the low end torque, that it has. I mean, here we are, cranking a measly 1500rpm, while carrying all this weight, as well as pulling a fairly heavy toad up miles of 6% grades or more, without a sweat.
This vs a screaming banshee, right next to you, trying to accomplish the same thing, which it still can't do, in many cases.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> High end gasser or entry level DP
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.