cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

H2O Connection Replacement

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
I need to replace the red supply to the faucet connections.I assume it's 1/2" by 1/2" female. Suggestion's?
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags
6 REPLIES 6

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your help guys, I really appreciate it. David
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
RED line is the HOT water supply to faucet.

What is leaking?
The PEX crimp connection....cut line/use sharkbite or gatorbite 1/2" shutoff valve

The fitting....they are just hand tightened. Tighten it or replace gasket/washer (ACE hardware/Big Box Stores)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:
I saw this post somewhere before.

Install a PEX stop valve that can connect to supply lines. This will simplify the connection and give you the ability to service the faucet without shutting down the entire RV.

Yep. They even have a simplified "Shark Bite" angle stop for this, if you don't have the PEX crimper. Any time you replace a part like this, use brass, SS or copper fittings. Get rid of the plastic, little by little.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I saw this post somewhere before.

Install a PEX stop valve that can connect to supply lines. This will simplify the connection and give you the ability to service the faucet without shutting down the entire RV.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have a enough extra slack, the easiest way would be to cut the red line right behind the crimp ring, disconnect it from the sink line and walk into the hardware store with it in your hand. If you don't have a pex crimp tool you will want to buy a "sharkbite" fitting to get you from the half inch red/pex line to the female fitting.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Disconnect shore water, turn off water pump, drain/dump tanks before you begin. Maybe blow out lines involved, as well.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)