cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering Travel Nursing

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
I've paid my dues in pre-hospital(Paramedic)/ER/ Max Prison Medicine and Drug and Alcohol treatment as an RN.

I've committed to never working another night shift, and alternate avenues of medicine. I would love to travel, or be located close to the Gulf.

If anyone has experienced similar to the aforementioned please PM me or respond. I am also looking for a Travel RN agency that is reputable.
Thanks
David
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD 5.9
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags
18 REPLIES 18

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
Go to your search engine and search "traveling nurse forums". There are several to choose from. The participants comment on recruiters.

It was on a different post. Are usually don’t let things bother me, just been a bit crabby lately. My apologies.
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags

ENG2242
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
ENG, who’s comment or answer with a question do you consider stupid?

"why post about traveling Rn's in this category"?

I have posted inquiries in other categories, and received some ridiculous responses. The Moderator and other members have agreed.

I appreciate all the pertinent input, jus stick to the topic!!
David Hartmann
2018 Bighorn 3870FB
Prodigy 2
Auto-Slide Hitch
Firestone Air-Bags

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
We've been traveling as a surgical tech since 04. We use TRS staffing, Emerald Heath, Medical Solutions, and Cross Country Staffing. What do you want to know otherwise? Full timing is the best way to travel nurse, imo.

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
My BIL is a paramedic. He just got a traveling gig in Brenham TX working a nursing home full of Covid 19 patients. He's getting $3K a week. He said that nurses are getting $10K a week. I've also heard the NYC is paying well for temp Covid workers
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know any specifics but at least one of the Nurses at the Cancer Center I go to is a travel nurse. She appears to be retirement age and she and her husband live in a Motor Home. She said she loves it. She works day shifts for sure because this center is not open 24 hrs. I have also met several younger nurses in the past couple of years at Duke that were either travel nurses or started out that way, although I don;t think they were RV folks. My impression is travel nurses are in high demand and no reason they could not also be RV folks too.

Seattle_Steve
Explorer
Explorer
One of the youtube channels I follow is No Ordinary Path. A very nice young couple, and he is a travel nurse. He seems to very openly talk about his contracts and the process of choosing them. The videos about his contracts are labeled as such, so it should be easy to find them. You might find it helpful.

camper19709
Explorer
Explorer
I was an ER travel nurse for 6 years. Loved it! I worked assignments from coast to coast and Alaska. Travel nurses are in great demand right now. Google TRAVEL NURSING and get tons of information. You do not need to just sign up with one agency. I was signed with 4 agencies. Each agency has different assignments and pay rates. My procedure was to call all the agencies to find out what assignments they had in my preferred geographical location. And, since the agency is not having to pay for housing you get a stipend to help pay for your campground. Your welcome to PM me with any questions.
Chip
06 SurfSide
30ft class A
2 slides
Ford V10 chassis
04 Chevy Astro van toad

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Over the years there have been quite a few traveling nurses in the park we were in at Yuma, AZ. in the winter. With the huge snowbird influx here for the winter, the Yuma Regional Medical Center I'm sure contracts to quite a few.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
ENG, who’s comment or answer with a question do you consider stupid?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Go to your search engine and search "traveling nurse forums". There are several to choose from. The participants comment on recruiters.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've met two nurses on the Alcan that were doing it. They came to Alaska during the summer for six months and then went south to warmer climes for other six months. Most of the time they were working three or four day weeks. They were enjoying it.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Sinterior
Explorer
Explorer
ENG2242 wrote:
Moderator: What in the heck has happened to RV.NET? It was once a great resource, with answers either directly related to the question, or people stayed with-in their realm of knowledge or subject inquired. I understand if more information is required and asked for. However, these replies are non-related, answering a question with a question or just plain stupid. If one a question reply was not related, we used to PM the individual.

I've still received some valid advice, but darn people, respond with a suggestion or input that your familiar with or shut the heck up!!

You have a very good point.
Pete, Terry (Teresa) & Cira, 12lb furbag 🙂

2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40SKQ
2017 Chev Equinox V6 AWD
Blue Ox Avail
Patriot II Braking system
Garmin dezl 560LMT

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think its a good idea,beats a trip to the ER .

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I see the question as someone wanting to full time and work as a traveling nurse. And work specifically in the gulf area meaning staying at RV parks in that area. Seems like a very appropriate question to me.