cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DINETTE ABOVE FLOOR SLIDE OUT

KMCHUGH
Explorer
Explorer
Our slideout will not come back in, I can push the slide in by hand, I can hear the motor running
took the motor out and checked the gears, seem to be moving good when I turn by hand
Any ideas what could be causing this? HELP
KAREN MCHUGH
4 REPLIES 4

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
well you say the motor is not turning the gear (I'd love to see a photo of the works. not sure it will help but I'd love to see it) if the gear is connected directly to the round tranny shaft then there is a roll pin or a woodruff key (most likely the pin) and it has sheared.. I've done that one too Take gear to the fastener store or auto store or Major RV store to get replacement pin
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
That happened one time on our trailer while on an overnight traveling to Florida for the winter. Got some help the next morning pushing the slide back in and left it in the rest of the way. Once we go to our winter site in Florida I called a mobile tech. He went under our trailer and came back out about 30 seconds or one minute later and the slide was fixed! :S

Seems there is a set screw, that holds the shaft driving the slide, in a collar. The set screw loosened up and let the shaft slip out of the collar. The Tech simply slid it back in and tightened up the screw. It has held now for over 12 years. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hope yours is as simple as that.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

KMCHUGH
Explorer
Explorer
We have number 4 but we have no square tubing the gear rail is just one in the center of room and the gear is attached to around shaft
KAREN MCHUGH

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok there are 4 slide out systems I am know about I suspect you have the last.

1: Hydraulic.. I can help you hands on but not remotely
2: Swinteck, wavy metal bracket on front and back sides (front and back are as you go down the road) and that's all I know about it

3: Accu-Slide. cables (2 front and 2 back) are visible when extended there are 8 cables per slideout

4: power gear (LCI) there is a rack (Long toothed rail) under the slide out.

This rack is driven by a gear (Pinion) which is driven by a round shaft which is driven by a square shaft which is driven by a round shaft on the transmission/motor assembly.. a 1/4" grade 8 bolt or roll pin pins the ends of the square shaft to the round shafts.. That bolt likes to shear and when that happens you can push the slide in and out. but the motor won't power it in.

NOTE: if you get a replacement bolt get one that is long enough that the SMOOTH part of the bolt extends all the way through and then washer it up so a NYLOCK nut can tighten down on it tight.... YOu do not want threads inside the square shart.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times