cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Traveling for work in the time of Covid

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking at a job in OR, and we're in WA right now. It seems that rv parks either aren't accepting new people or are shut down completely. I've never boondocked in a parking lot and I'm a little nervous about doing so. Any tips, stories, advice?
8 REPLIES 8

Nicodemus
Explorer
Explorer
One night is all we'll do. Thanks.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
freecampsites.net may help too. Create a free account to access all information and sometimes pics of the location/site.

arhayes
Explorer
Explorer
Nicodemus - as already stated, I would not plan on spending more than an overnight in a parking lot. You will not be welcomed. Not sure what BLM land there is in OR, but you might check that out. Many campgrounds right now are ONLY accepting travelling guests for one or two nights, if at all. You could also look on any of the Campground apps (AllStays, RVParky, etc) for the area you want to be in and call the recommended campgrounds to see what, if any, are accepting reservations. Good luck and safe travels.
Alan and Kathleen
2015 Grand Design Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
2014 F350 6.7L Diesel DRW (Stormtrooper)
2012 Honda Goldwing NAVI/ABS (Land Speeder)

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kudos to Lwiddis.
Parking lot camping should be an official term.
I will never understand the appeal. I have an RV so I can camp in beautiful places. Most of them have no names and are hard to find on a map.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Where in OR? Posters may be of some help on locations that may help.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
To those wonderful retailers that allow RVs to stay in their parking lots, more than one night is abuse of the invitation. It leads to โ€œno overnightersโ€ period. Very shortsighted, sadie, bordering on selfish disregard of the future
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
never had a problem mostly cracker barrel. most have big spots for rv, and big rigs. just do the normal things ,,open door for no one except the law.in 20years I,ve never been asked to leave.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Parking lot camping, which is not even close to โ€œboondocking,โ€ for more than one night is usually not allowed.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad