cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Level Mate Pro

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anybody using this system to level their RV? I had a friend tell me about it and it sure looks interesting. I don't have auto levelers so I use wood blocks and 2 2X10''x3ft ramp to level. I pull in, eyeball the RV then put the blocks down where I think they are needed. I've gotten good at it but sometimes there is a site that I just can't figure out. So I good enough it. This is supposed to let me know how much each wheel needs to be adjusted. Sounds interesting.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
10 REPLIES 10

Crushedstang50
Explorer
Explorer
I use the levelmate pro and the anderson level blocks. Best thing ever! I highly recommend them. This is my first TT and after watching some YouTube rv'ers that use them it was the first thing I purchased.
2007 Keystone Outback 23rs
2016 Ford F150 Platinum. Max tow, 6.5 bed, 3.5 ecoboost

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's an electronic bubble level, I fail to see the "wonderfulness".

I have a big bubble level on the hitch. It tells me how much off I am from side to side, so I level the side-to-side. The Travel Mate Pro does the same thing.

I have to unhook the hitch so when I do that I level front to back using the bubble level on the side near the leg switches. The Travel Mate Pro does the same thing, but costs $100 more, plus I have to have my phone in my hand.

I honestly fail to see any advantages to another gadget that costs a whole heck of a lot more than what my two bubble levels cost. If you love gadgets...
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
There are several things I will never go back to.

#1. Manual tongue jack.

#2. Bubble level.

#3. 2x4's or block rocks or whatever to level my trailer.

I bought a Level Mate Pro 3 years ago for my new trailer and never looked back. The first time I used it I was amazed at how good it worked. I still used the stupid block system to level my trailer.

Fast forward to 2 years ago. I watched a video on the Anderson leveling system. I said wow, that will finish up my system. So I went and bough the Anderson system and I have to say it's some of the best money I have ever spent on RV stuff.

Now with the two systems working together I just turn the LMP on when I leave on vacation. I get to the campground I get out of my truck and look to see which side is low and put the Anderson levelers on that side. I get back in my truck turn on the app and back up my truck until I'm level.

I get out and run my stablizers down and I'm done while some other guy is still messing around with his 2x4's and jacks or blocks or whatever.

Yes, these two systems do work that well together. I would not have one without the other after using both together.

If you travel with a partner it's not that big of a deal to have the partner tell you when your trailer is level when backing up. But if you are alone this is a lifesaver.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I can seek a you would think that. I should never post until after my first cup of coffee!!! My brain isn't level yet..LOL!
2020 JAYCO 26XD

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
docsouce wrote:
Yes I use the manual level method. Works fine as I explained. I'm wondering about the "Level Mate Pro".

Sorry, I read this part of your original post "I pull in, eyeball the RV" to mean you were not using levels at all.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I started using one last season with my TT.
I love it. I use the Beach Lane levelers with it. I mounted the transmitter in the right front cargo bay side. That way when my wife gets out of the truck to help with backing it in she can flip the transmitter on. It always takes two times to pair with my phone app. That's the only drawback.
Once paired up I can back in and see how level I am. Sometimes just moving back or forward gets the TT level. If not I then grab my Beach Lanes (Andersen Leveler clones) and back up till level. If just using wood blocks you can tell how high to stack them.
The other really cool feature is the 'Save Hitch Position'. Right after releasing the coupler you hit Save on the app. Then when re-hitching I can return the coupler to the right height for backing up the truck by hitting 'Recall Hitch Position'.
Add in the tailgate cam and hitching just got easy.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes I use the manual level method. Works fine as I explained. I'm wondering about the "Level Mate Pro".
2020 JAYCO 26XD

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Back in my TT days, I had a large level attached to the front of the trailer that I could easily see in the rear view mirror or window. I just pulled up on my block stack until it was level side to side, chocked the wheels, and leveled front to back with the tongue jack. The level linked below is similar to the one I used.

Wheel Masters 6700 Level Master
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

GWV_titan
Explorer
Explorer
It's a great levelling device
Well worth the money and easy to use

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you have cash to spare and want a toy, go for it. Personally I would go to Walmart and spend around $8 on a set of stick on levels from the RV section. Using an old fashioned level on the counter or on the bottom of the fridge set the trailer up level. Then put your stick on levels on the side and front of the trailer. It won't take many trips before you know by looking at the level how many boards or wood blocks you need.

Another item that makes it really easy are Andersen Levelers. Place that front level where you can see it from the truck. Put the levelers behind (or in front of) the wheel and back up (or pull forward) until the bubble is centered.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500