Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Travel restrictions
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Travel restrictions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
afidel

Cleveland

View Profile

Posted: 05/12/20 12:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GordonThree wrote:

Lucyc858 wrote:

Two weeks without leaving the trailer definitely would not be fun!!!!! Thank you for your post!

Self quarantine doesn't mean you can't leave the trailer. It's just a recommendation that you should avoid public interaction. I don't see how it's feasible, we have the same thing in Michigan.

Folks from Detroit and Chicago coming up to their Lake Michigan cottages for the weekend are supposed to self qt for 14 days, well, they're here for three and the first thing they do is stop at the grocery store which is public interaction.

Traveling in an RV, if it's a bigger one maybe you could stock up with food and supplies, so you don't have to re-provision right away? This limits your public interaction.

You can also do no contact curbside pickup. That's what we've been doing for groceries since we ran out of protein and many staples after 6 weeks at home. You order online (or with the Walmart grocery app), pull up, call a number, give them your cars description and plate, and they load the trunk or bed with your purchase. I for one love it.

2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 long bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

lakeside013104

North America

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/20 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Governor in Maine says out of state travelers are to quarantine at home/summer residence for two full weeks once they return to Maine. Arrive with provisions / medication enough to last the 14 days of quarantine. Governor also asks neighbors of out of staters to report incidents of non compliance of the 14 day quarantine.

Neighbors make the complaint, Sheriff arrives and issues a summons for non-compliance of Governor's order. I am not sure, but I have heard that the fine is as high as $1000.

Not really a good way to encourage Maine tourism, but I suppose this is the sign of the times.

Safe travels all.

Lakeside

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/13/20 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lakeside013104 wrote:

Governor in Maine says out of state travelers are to quarantine at home/summer residence for two full weeks once they return to Maine. Arrive with provisions / medication enough to last the 14 days of quarantine. Governor also asks neighbors of out of staters to report incidents of non compliance of the 14 day quarantine.

Neighbors make the complaint, Sheriff arrives and issues a summons for non-compliance of Governor's order. I am not sure, but I have heard that the fine is as high as $1000.

Not really a good way to encourage Maine tourism, but I suppose this is the sign of the times.

Safe travels all.

Lakeside

My post on another thread:

I would actually understand why the state government has done that and why states in certain region would want a uniform approach to pandemic mitigation.

Some states can be successful with their program and some state governments are simply incompetent, spotty mitigation or even Covid denier whose citizens then can spread contagion to their own people

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/20 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Looks like an extension for non-essential travel for at least another month. Really hurting for those wanting to vacation to Alaska. Canadian Non-essential travel

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

MACHZER

Clandeboye

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/20 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeap, watching the news tonight, looks like borders staying closed until June 21 now, then review again,

Clandeboye , Manitoba

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 05/13/20 10:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MACHZER wrote:

Yeap, watching the news tonight, looks like borders staying closed until June 21 now, then review again,

I certainly hope the virus doesn't cross the border on its own.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Travel restrictions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.