cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery?

LITEPHIL
Explorer
Explorer
Just brought home a Sandpiper T22 finally! It of course needs a battery. What's the battery of choice these days. I'm not doing the duel 6 volt set up for now and I don't think I want to spend the $275-300 for an optima either. Appreciate the input!Thanks
2022 Chevy Silverado RST Duramax NHT
1954 Chevy 3100 Carryall 4x4
2008 Salem T23FBL
04 FXDL Harley
17 REPLIES 17

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
if you don't upgrade the charger than you're wasting your money with AGM or GC2

264SRinPA
Explorer
Explorer
garyemunson wrote:
6 volt is king.

Wrong, no comparison to lithium.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
garyemunson wrote:
6 volt is king.
Once you move to AGM there is no real advantage of the GC2 construction.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
LITEPHIL wrote:
I guess I should have said that I do want an AGM. Whats the best AGM for the money? Thanks
Lifeline. Many don't read past the first post.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thereโ€™s a comprehensive current thread in the truck camper section on this exact subject.
All the info and opinion you need to select a battery.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
If you keep them "watered" golf cart 6 volts last 7-8 years or more. Lead is what it is all about and they have more of it.

THe problem with where my batteries are located made it extremely difficult to continually check the water level in them, hence the reason I switched to AGMs
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
At Costco or Sams, two six volts cost about the same as one 12 volt "deep cycle" (which NEVER seem to be REAL deep cycles). Once you install 6 volts, unless you can afford Battle Born lithiums, you will NEVER go back to 12 volts again. If you keep them "watered" golf cart 6 volts last 7-8 years or more. Lead is what it is all about and they have more of it.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
6 volt is king.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just go to Costco or Sam's club and get a couple of Marine/deep cycle batteries. You've been around long enough to know the expensive stuff is no better than the average stuff.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
LITEPHIL wrote:
What's the battery of choice these days..... I don't think I want to spend the $275-300 for an optima either. Appreciate the input!Thanks

Get whatever fits in the battery space / battery box.

Optima are a very poor choice for using as a deep cycle battery on an RV.
I use DEKA AGM batteries in my truck camper.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would buy Lifeline brand AGM if I was spending money. No quality AGM is exactly cheap.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
make sure your on board charger can handle a agm battery. deka is a good one and theres others.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Even better with solar, Tim, after an energy survey.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

LITEPHIL
Explorer
Explorer
I'll bring a generator if I'm out in the boonies or I'll probably be at a camp ground. I guess I should have said that I do want an AGM. Whats the best AGM for the money? Thanks
2022 Chevy Silverado RST Duramax NHT
1954 Chevy 3100 Carryall 4x4
2008 Salem T23FBL
04 FXDL Harley