Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Monster Tow Vehicle
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Monster Tow Vehicle

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 04:45pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Wrong on ALL points you raised Boat on the truck is essential to towing over a rough road.; He had a RAM 6.7 Diesel as he states it was 1.3 tonnes overweight, putting the boat on the roof is not a problem.

Fck, it's be cheaper to leave that desert island and move somewhere with paved roads before spending who knows how many hundreds of thousands of dollars on a glorified 4wd fire truck to put my boat on the TOP of it!
Is there a boom truck in the caravan to hoist the boat down? lol

Cool looking unique rig and thanks for sharing, but the fact that you somehow can turn someone's "I won the lottery and ran out of things to spend stupid amounts of money on, so I bought this truck" into your own personal pissing match on American trucks just shows your actual intention of being on this board.

Of course his RAM 3500 (not sure why you capitalize it, secret envy?) is overloaded by putting a ski boat on the roof. Pickup trucks weren't made to haul motorboats on their roofs, silly!

And btw, wth is that trailer hitch? Seriously, is that a down under design with the little teeny ball on top?

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

travelnutz

West Michigan - On the Lakeshore

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 05:01pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"In the US, you do not get our Domestic, all European, most Japanese Trucks that we get here."

Simple: Don't want them in the USA anyway and wouldn't sell even if they were offered. We have all the trucks and their capabilities we want, need, and will sell already right here in the USA now. People here nearly all are much smarter than to need to pay double+ for something they don't need or want. Your vehicle market on your "island" is about 14th of the volume sold in the USA and it's because there's 14 times as many people living in the USA alone and then add Canada and the rest of North America. Australia's total population is about equivalent to just the tail on a dog screaming for total dog control bragging rights! Like just 1 brick in a wall!!!

A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 05:36pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And those trucks will never sell on appearance, they are some really ugly trucks. They may be functional, but wow, are they ugly.

And yes there is a very niche market in Australia that has no viability here. There isn't the need, or desire, for those kinds of trucks in the US. Australia probably has more dirt/gravel roads than paved highway, in the US, not so much.

They don't appeal to me in the least, but I guess they do the job "down under". They may be a better choice, in that particular market.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 05:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

And those trucks will never sell on appearance, they are some really ugly trucks. They may be functional, but wow, are they ugly.

And yes there is a very niche market in Australia that has no viability here. There isn't the need, or desire, for those kinds of trucks in the US. Australia probably has more dirt/gravel roads than paved highway, in the US, not so much.

They don't appeal to me in the least, but I guess they do the job "down under". They may be a better choice, in that particular market.

Your " trucks" Pickups and HDT/ MDT's fail here, and globally. so these do the job yours cannot here. As far as the Europeans they are slowly swallowing up the US Auto Industry with FCA becoming more European with the merger with PSA. Volkswagen Corporation is buying Navistar, Ford is probably going to go bankrupt with massive bad debts and the current junk bond status. Of the Big 3 Toyota is now close to Ford
Old Saying People in Glass houses should not throw stones
Well Ugly..this is far from attractive
[image]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 06:53pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Why do your posts always end up being a "ours is better than yours" bash fest? Let's just say your trucks work for you, and they don't work for us. And our trucks work for us and they don't work for you. Take a break and chill out.

And yes, sorry, but that truck has much more "curb appeal" than the tow vehicle in the first post. "Dif'rent strokes for dif'rent folks".

NRALIFR

Truck Camping Out West

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 07:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fixed it for ya.

[image]

[emoticon][emoticon]

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450

RobertRyan

Australia

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 07:50pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Why do your posts always end up being a "ours is better than yours" bash fest? Let's just say your trucks work for you, and they don't work for us. And our trucks work for us and they don't work for you. Take a break and chill out.

And yes, sorry, but that truck has much more "curb appeal" than the tow vehicle in the first post. "Dif'rent strokes for dif'rent folks".

Point is your trucks" do not work for anyone outside NA.not just Australia. Irony is Australia is the biggest market for US Pickups outside NA and they are a tiny niche here
I am not bashing anyone but stupid comments ( Travenutz started the idiotic posts)and illustration above suggests you have a massive fear about the outside world if a story about a Trucker and his wife who are extremely happy with their Scania that replaced their not very competent RAM HD 6.7 Cummins Pickup

* This post was last edited 05/06/20 08:06pm by RobertRyan *   View edit history

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 07:59pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

Your " trucks" Pickups and HDT/ MDT's fail here, and globally. so these do the job yours cannot here. As far as the Europeans they are slowly swallowing up the US Auto Industry with FCA becoming more European with the merger with PSA. Volkswagen Corporation is buying Navistar, Ford is probably going to go bankrupt with massive bad debts and the current junk bond status. Of the Big 3 Toyota is now close to Ford
Old Saying People in Glass houses should not throw stones
Well Ugly..this is far from attractive
[image]

And it cost about 0.07% what that monster overlander Shorlauncher boat carrier costs, so there's that.

I vote RR for Troll of the Year again.....3 years running!

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 08:24pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

Point is your trucks" do not work for anyone outside NA.not just Australia. Irony is Australia is the biggest market for US Pickups outside NA and they are a tiny niche here
I am not bashing anyone but stupid comments and illustration above suggests you have a massive fear about the outside world if a story about a Trucker and his wife who are extremely happy with their Scania that replaced their not very competent RAM HD 6.7 Cummins Pickup

News flash buddy, Austraila overall barely qualifies as a "tiny niche" in the global automobile market.
North America qualifies as it's own market whereas over 20% of the new vehicles per year are sold in NA, yet NA has about 4% of the worlds population. Guess why big vehicles are popular here? Because we have the money to buy them and the room to drive them.
Of course their not popular in Europe and China where you have to go outside to change your mind if you're in the city. Nevermind trying to drive a 1 ton truck down a street. He!!, there's more cars in the US than China and AUstrailia put together. But Aus is jsut a pimple on China's @ss for population.

Not sure what you're getting at in every single post, but literally North America rules the automobile industry on a per capita basis by such a large margin, it's not even funny.
Leave the mega buck Scania mobile shorelander garbage truck RV out of the picture. In general, the rest of the world can't afford the vehicles that pass as just milqetoast in the US and Canada. Why do you think cheap chit box Hyundais and whatever the European and Russian versions are rule the roost everywhere else? It's because we're drinking Champagne to your rain barrel water.

I finally figured it out. RR was dumped by an American chick, like 40 years ago, driving a big V8 American truck before his skin and his ____ was shriveled up and now is so jealous of the US that his only recourse is to pee on American vehicles for some odd reason.....

What do I win? LOL

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 05/06/20 08:28pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BTW, I actually enjoy the unique (to us) vehicles and RVs that you post. Immensely. Think it's cool and I would endeavor to have an overland rig that was super capable and virtually indestructible.

But I want to throw up a little when I see you post because your incessant negativity towards anything not Australasian is sickening.
Make me think all Aussies are like you, which is a disservice to Australians everywhere...
Good thing you're the only Aussie on this forum, because if the other Aussies seen you embarrassing their nationality so blatantly, they'd find you and beat your ___.

Hahaha

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Monster Tow Vehicle
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.