cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magna Shade install

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
I purchased a magna shade back in January at the Tampa RV show. I finally got around to installing it this past weekend. The temps here in Florida were in the low to mid 80s this past weekend. The front of our motorhome is always warm compared to the middle and back of the motorhome. With the shade on, the front of the motorhome was nice and cool like the rest of the motorhome. I am really impressed so far. I am curious to see how much difference it makes once the temps here in Florida get to the mid 90s. I think this is going to be a very good investment.

Burch
2018 Miramar 35.3 Motorhome
3 fur kids (Monty, ZuZu and Pinto)
Rainbow bridge (Murphy, Petie, Lola)
10 REPLIES 10

donc13
Explorer
Explorer
We've had a Magna Shade for 5 years now, much, much better than our old vinyl cover. Helps a lot with the heat, easy to install and allows you to look out the front windows. We think it was a perfect investment. We'll worth it's cost.
Don
-----
Marcus Lemonis said,
"There's no doubt that there is probably not many consumers in this country today that are in favor of what has been said in the last couple days and if they are, quite frankly, don't shop at my business,"

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
I used our new Magna Shade this past weekend during a short trip. Temps were only in the mid 80s but what a difference. The front of the motorhome stayed cool and I was able to leave the front shade open so we could see the water (we were parked on a river). I usually have all the shades down to keep the heat out and it's always so dark inside the motorhome during the day. Look forward to seeing how it works on our July 4th trip when the temps will be in the 90s.

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the Mega Shade for our large back window, on our 5th Wheel... I am amazed of the difference it makes in tempreture. One of the best investments made for our 5th Wheel in my opinion. I Highly Recommend "Mega Shade"

RVman / John
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Mine have been on for 7 years and still look new. The only time I take them off is while traveling. They didn’t have one for my coach so they sent a big price of paper and instructions to trace. Came out perfect.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
try this...if they get stuck together don't try to pull them apart, SLIDE them off each other. maybe MS is using different magnets than those on our screen but i both find them holding well in a wind but easy to pull apart. our screen is 3-yrs old.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

MetalGator
Explorer III
Explorer III
stang37 wrote:
Don't make the mistake and let two of them get together without the nylon spacer. It take a while to get them apart.

You are not kidding! I did make that mistake with the two larger magnets that go in the corners. I didn't think I was going to be able to get them apart!

We are taking a 3 day trip starting this afternoon and have a place that is on the water with no shade. In the afternoons, the sun will be shining right on the front of the motorhome so I am curios to see how well the shade knocks the temperature down. Temps will be in the lower to mid 80s outside.

stang37
Explorer
Explorer
Received ours yesterday and installed today. Really like how the magnets work and hold. Those are some strong magnets. Don't make the mistake and let two of them get together without the nylon spacer. It take a while to get them apart. They sent the wrong size door shade. I called today, sent picture and just received and email from UPS will arrive Friday. Great customer service.

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
There are definitely less expensive ways than the Magna Shade but we wouldn't be without ours. It has worked very well for four years now and being able to put it up without ladders is very important for us. Everything about it is top notch, including the company that makes it. They have very good support and even sent us new glue pads at no cost when we had to install it again on a new windshield.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
our experience mirrors yours. we left Mesa AZ last week with daytime temps pushing & exceeding 100. AC ran 18-hrs per day but kept up. best we could do was 78-80 inside but we were fine. only issue might be your cabinets along the top of the windshield. any electronics may get hot. since we had to remove that cabinet to install the magnets along the top of the windshield we insulated the rear side of the cabinet, replaced the insert panel in the middle door with a screen and installed two variable-speed muffin fans that expell hot air. downside is that contributed to heat in the cabin but the electronics did not overheat.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Seems awful expensive. $149 for a door window shade? I've been looking at the EZ Snap system for substantially less money. I like the magnet version here, as opposed to snaps... but my goodness they are proud of their magnets.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS