cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suburban water heater only warm?

RVcrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Our Suburban 10 gallon SWE is only getting lukewarm. Both propane and electric seem to be working. Neither pressure relief valve on the outside of the RV seemed to push in to reset. Are we correct in thinking it is the thermostat? If so, is DIY resonable, or do we hire it done? Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
rbp111 wrote:
I have a Suburban 15gal water heater that is 5 years old. My heater put out lukewarm water. I tried everything, but finally went to a dealer and they changed out the heating element, which was not hard to do. I got mine fixed free because of a extended warranty, but I am telling you this about the element which can be changed by anyone.

Can you post the Model number? I have never heard of a 15 gallon Suburban. Most are 6 and 10. Doug

They make a 16 gallon one.

https://www.rvpartscountry.com/Suburban-SW16DE-Porcelain-Lined-Steel-Tank-Water-Heater-16-gal_p_2845...
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
rbp111 wrote:
I have a Suburban 15gal water heater that is 5 years old. My heater put out lukewarm water. I tried everything, but finally went to a dealer and they changed out the heating element, which was not hard to do. I got mine fixed free because of a extended warranty, but I am telling you this about the element which can be changed by anyone.

Can you post the Model number? I have never heard of a 15 gallon Suburban. Most are 6 and 10. Doug

rbp111
Explorer
Explorer

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Check the bypass valve positions. If the winter bypass is slightly open it can cause this.

Check the outside shower. Make sure the shower head is open and the valves (knobs) are closed.

Verify that the inside shower valves are closed as well.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
That is not a pressure relief valve/s. Those are manual tstat reset buttons. If the LP flame comes ON and you get lukewarm water when on 120, those tstat resets are OK. Doug

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check the by-pass valve
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.