cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jack stuck up

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
Mt 2019 flagstaff 22' the electric jack stuck in the up position . The motor runs but the jack only rotates in circles and won't come down. Anyone know the fix?
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD
10 REPLIES 10

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Snomas wrote:
I did finally fix my jack. After taking it apart I found a video on you tube that showed me how the internal screw shaft looked like after this fellow had a similar problem. My shaft was jammed at the top of the shaft causing it to rotate in either direction without the screw drive moving up or down. I broke it apart w/a breaker bar and a 7/16 socket. I painted a mark on the screw shaft so I will not raise the jack up to its end point again which Caused it to lock up..I now know how the electric tongue jacks operate..

Thank you for posting how you fixed the problem.

A link to the You Tube Video would be great for us too.

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
I did finally fix my jack. After taking it apart I found a video on you tube that showed me how the internal screw shaft looked like after this fellow had a similar problem. My shaft was jammed at the top of the shaft causing it to rotate in either direction without the screw drive moving up or down. I broke it apart w/a breaker bar and a 7/16 socket. I painted a mark on the screw shaft so I will not raise the jack up to its end point again which Caused it to lock up..I now know how the electric tongue jacks operate..

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
ken56 wrote:
Shear pin most likely. You will have to take it off and take it apart. While its apart clean it and grease it up.

Where is the shear pin located. I took it apart and didn't see the pin. Where can I get a diagram
of the internal part w/shear pin? Thx Marv

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Fisherman wrote:
deltabravo wrote:
Not knowing what jack comes a Mt 2019 flagstaff 22', it's hard to say what the problem could be.

Is it a manual jack or a power jack?

It's an electric jack like the OP said, but that's just to give the jack operator some shocking incentive to crank harder.

LOL
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
Not knowing what jack comes a Mt 2019 flagstaff 22', it's hard to say what the problem could be.

It's an electric jack like the OP said, but that's just to give the jack operator some shocking incentive to crank harder.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
deltabravo wrote:

"Mt 2019 flagstaff 22' the electric jack stuck in the up position"
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad

2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Shear pin most likely. You will have to take it off and take it apart. While its apart clean it and grease it up.

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keep the jack post from spinning and it will go up or down.
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
My WAG is you sheared a pin inside?
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln