cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wind noise

Jamesmcginley
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought a 2009 American tradition while I was driving home I noticed a considerable amount of wi d noise. After looking for gaps in the gaskets and windows I believe the windshield may have been replace and looks like a gasket is missing at the bottom of the windshield where the generator slide mates to glass area. I have attached a picture if anyone can help I would appreciate it or take a picture of their coach so I can solve the wind noise.
I canโ€™t attach a picture I am a medieval to this forum
10 REPLIES 10

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
malex002 wrote:
i would suggest that you tape around your windows and anywhere you think wind could get in with painters tape and take a drive. You'll find out pretty quick where the wind is coming from.

Didn't work for me.
Even stuffed plastic bags everywhere, including under the hood and on the sides of the dash.
Hey, they were designed that way and if one was lucky enough for getting one where they made the mistake of sealing it up tight, then just rejoice.
One must also remember, that with the cockpit quietness of most DP's, any noise at all, is going to be more noticeable than it would be with most gassers.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

malex002
Explorer
Explorer
i would suggest that you tape around your windows and anywhere you think wind could get in with painters tape and take a drive. You'll find out pretty quick where the wind is coming from.

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Hard to be helpful when folks don't return to the post.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Jamesmcginley wrote:
I just bought a 2009 American tradition while I was driving home I noticed a considerable amount of wi d noise. After looking for gaps in the gaskets and windows I believe the windshield may have been replace and looks like a gasket is missing at the bottom of the windshield where the generator slide mates to glass area. I have attached a picture if anyone can help I would appreciate it or take a picture of their coach so I can solve the wind noise.
I canโ€™t attach a picture I am a medieval to this forum

Good luck!
I've just decided to live with mine and it's really not so bad, even though I could live without it.
Do let us know, if you find the culprit and a viable solution.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
way2roll wrote:
garyemunson wrote:
A lot of Classs A wind noise comes from the window frame drain holes under the fixed piece of glass on the front side windows. The drain holes under the sliding section are more than sufficient to prevent water building up and leaking in (and water can't come in under the fixed glass). The holes may or may not have useless little plastic "awnings" over them. If so, pull the ones off the holes under the fixed glass and cover the holes with black electrical tape. Big difference in wind noise.

Are you suggesting removing weep hole covers and taping the holes closed? If so, this is bad advice. I did that once and ended up with wet interior walls after a rain storm. There is a reason those weep holes are there and it's to keep water from overfilling the window channel and running down the inside.

Spot on. First, determine if your windows are Atwood, Hehr or some other brand. Then you can shop and replace them. They run anywhere from a buck to about $3/ea. depending on where you buy them. Use the link provided above to post your picture, but check to see if and how many weep hole covers are missing.......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
garyemunson wrote:
A lot of Classs A wind noise comes from the window frame drain holes under the fixed piece of glass on the front side windows. The drain holes under the sliding section are more than sufficient to prevent water building up and leaking in (and water can't come in under the fixed glass). The holes may or may not have useless little plastic "awnings" over them. If so, pull the ones off the holes under the fixed glass and cover the holes with black electrical tape. Big difference in wind noise.

Are you suggesting removing weep hole covers and taping the holes closed? If so, this is bad advice. I did that once and ended up with wet interior walls after a rain storm. There is a reason those weep holes are there and it's to keep water from overfilling the window channel and running down the inside.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
To post pics use THIS
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Friends WB Journey had an opening going inside under the dash where a gob of wires were run on the driver side. Shine a light under the dash and see the light shining outside.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Didnโ€™t this issue present itself during your pre-purchase drive and inspection?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad