Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Wind noise
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Wind noise

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Jamesmcginley

N.Y.

New Member

Joined: 05/12/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/12/20 11:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just bought a 2009 American tradition while I was driving home I noticed a considerable amount of wi d noise. After looking for gaps in the gaskets and windows I believe the windshield may have been replace and looks like a gasket is missing at the bottom of the windshield where the generator slide mates to glass area. I have attached a picture if anyone can help I would appreciate it or take a picture of their coach so I can solve the wind noise.
I can’t attach a picture I am a medieval to this forum

Lwiddis

West & above Bishop, California

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/12/20 04:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Didn’t this issue present itself during your pre-purchase drive and inspection?


Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)


PastorCharlie

NC

Senior Member

Joined: 03/28/2004

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 05/12/20 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Friends WB Journey had an opening going inside under the dash where a gob of wires were run on the driver side. Shine a light under the dash and see the light shining outside.

mike brez

Unknown

Senior Member

Joined: 09/27/2002

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 05/12/20 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

To post pics use THIS


1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

garyemunson

Reno, Nevada

Senior Member

Joined: 09/27/2015

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 05/13/20 04:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A lot of Classs A wind noise comes from the window frame drain holes under the fixed piece of glass on the front side windows. The drain holes under the sliding section are more than sufficient to prevent water building up and leaking in (and water can't come in under the fixed glass). The holes may or may not have useless little plastic "awnings" over them. If so, pull the ones off the holes under the fixed glass and cover the holes with black electrical tape. Big difference in wind noise.

way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/13/20 06:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyemunson wrote:

A lot of Classs A wind noise comes from the window frame drain holes under the fixed piece of glass on the front side windows. The drain holes under the sliding section are more than sufficient to prevent water building up and leaking in (and water can't come in under the fixed glass). The holes may or may not have useless little plastic "awnings" over them. If so, pull the ones off the holes under the fixed glass and cover the holes with black electrical tape. Big difference in wind noise.


Are you suggesting removing weep hole covers and taping the holes closed? If so, this is bad advice. I did that once and ended up with wet interior walls after a rain storm. There is a reason those weep holes are there and it's to keep water from overfilling the window channel and running down the inside.

Executive

California/Arizona/South Dakota

Senior Member

Joined: 02/07/2008

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 05/13/20 07:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

garyemunson wrote:

A lot of Classs A wind noise comes from the window frame drain holes under the fixed piece of glass on the front side windows. The drain holes under the sliding section are more than sufficient to prevent water building up and leaking in (and water can't come in under the fixed glass). The holes may or may not have useless little plastic "awnings" over them. If so, pull the ones off the holes under the fixed glass and cover the holes with black electrical tape. Big difference in wind noise.


Are you suggesting removing weep hole covers and taping the holes closed? If so, this is bad advice. I did that once and ended up with wet interior walls after a rain storm. There is a reason those weep holes are there and it's to keep water from overfilling the window channel and running down the inside.


Spot on. First, determine if your windows are Atwood, Hehr or some other brand. Then you can shop and replace them. They run anywhere from a buck to about $3/ea. depending on where you buy them. Use the link provided above to post your picture, but check to see if and how many weep hole covers are missing.......Dennis


A Simple Act of Caring Creates an Endless Ripple
Dennis and Debi Eleven Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG



tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

Senior Member

Joined: 07/11/2004

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/13/20 08:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jamesmcginley wrote:

I just bought a 2009 American tradition while I was driving home I noticed a considerable amount of wi d noise. After looking for gaps in the gaskets and windows I believe the windshield may have been replace and looks like a gasket is missing at the bottom of the windshield where the generator slide mates to glass area. I have attached a picture if anyone can help I would appreciate it or take a picture of their coach so I can solve the wind noise.
I can’t attach a picture I am a medieval to this forum

Good luck!
I've just decided to live with mine and it's really not so bad, even though I could live without it.
Do let us know, if you find the culprit and a viable solution.


"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)


way2roll

Wilmington NC

Senior Member

Joined: 10/05/2018

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/13/20 04:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hard to be helpful when folks don't return to the post.

malex002

Fort Worth, Texas

New Member

Joined: 05/13/2020

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 05/13/20 09:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i would suggest that you tape around your windows and anywhere you think wind could get in with painters tape and take a drive. You'll find out pretty quick where the wind is coming from.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

 > Wind noise
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.