cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

used power jack manually,now motor runs but jack wont work?

jy
Explorer
Explorer
My son has a 1999 trailer.Not sure what brand electric jack he has.He called and said it would go up but not down.He used the crank and cranked it down so he could hook it to his truck and move it.Now he says the motor runs in both directions but the jack doesn,t go up or down.Any ideas?
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.
9 REPLIES 9

jy
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses,Ill look into it.
2016 wildwood bunkhouse,2018 f150 5.0.Camping with the grandkids now.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
Mike134 wrote:
There is a pawl that needs to disengage the motor on mine if I use the hand crank, likely yours is stuck open or broken
This ^^^

^^^ THIS...........

When you insert the crank, it disconnects the motor drive, and when you remove the crank, it should spring back up and reconnect. Could be a spring is rusted and broken, could be that it is simply stuck. Put the crank back in and wiggle it around and use lots of spray lube on it. It may need replacing, but it also may just need a little TLC from lack of use.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

colliehauler
Explorer
Explorer
Mike134 wrote:
There is a pawl that needs to disengage the motor on mine if I use the hand crank, likely yours is stuck open or broken
This ^^^

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Take it apart and look at it. Best case it's a simple fix. Worse case it's permanently damaged and has to be replaced. As it stands right now replacement is your only option so you have nothing to lose.

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could be as simple as a broken roll pin or as messy as a custom part or gear.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Twenty-one year old electric jack was overdue replacement.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like someone in the market for a new jack unless the part is cheap and the owner is really handy.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure but it sounds like something is broken inside the head. Post the brand and model if possible
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"