cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TorkLift Glow Step Resolution Install

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased Torklift's Glow Step Revolution for the RV and we installed them yesterday. Purchased part #A8004 from eTrailer for $641.99. Shipping was only about three days, they were well packaged and arrived safely. From start to finish, taking our time, the DW and I did it in about 2.5 hours. First we remove the old steps. Pretty straight forward. 4-9/16" nuts on carriage bolts. Had to sawzall one bolt out because it was cross threaded during install! After old step removal there are two plates with holes in the 27 3/4" apart attached to the RV that the new steps attach to. We put them in & out of position a couple times to make sure of fit. Our opening is 27 3/4". The steps are 27 1/2". So, we needed to take up 1/8" on each side with a spacer washer we supplied. (I think there is a spacer kit Torklift sells, if you know you need it) We also substituted there 3/4" bolts with 1 1/2" bolts because the 3/4" bolts, after installing 2 flat washers, 1 lock washer and the nut, they were too short. Easy install, sturdy and we think they will be a good addition.

2018 Ford F350 SRW 6.7PowerStroke/6 Speed Auto
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS
15 REPLIES 15

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
blofgren wrote:
Learjet wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"IF" I were to buy any aftermarket step it would be the Glow step!!! They contacted me and asked if I would test them.

I was contacted also when these first came out...I wish I had taken their offer... but my trailer was new and didn't feel the need at the time.

What do I have to do to get contacted? I would happily try them out...:B

Not sure other than they follow forums and such. They contacted me and I did take advantage of their generous offer. They truly are a great company that builds great equipment.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Learjet wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
"IF" I were to buy any aftermarket step it would be the Glow step!!! They contacted me and asked if I would test them.

I was contacted also when these first came out...I wish I had taken their offer... but my trailer was new and didn't feel the need at the time.

What do I have to do to get contacted? I would happily try them out...:B
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Going on 3 years with the incredible steps.I don't have any complain very stable and don't have to store dirt inside of the trailer.Best investment you can do.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

Learjet
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2022 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, Onan 5500, Disc Brakes, 17.5" tires
B&W Ram Companion

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
They look great! Thank you for taking the time to post with photos. We are considering these for an upgrade as well.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
We have them as well, love them. Solid steps that don't store inside.

Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel

Housted
Explorer III
Explorer III
We love ours....we have the 5 step model.
We are able to make the top step the same rise
to the floor of the 5er as all the rest.

Housted
2019 Forrest River Forrester 3051S 2014 Honda CRV toad.
1000 W Solar, converted to 50 amp
400 Amps of LiFePO4,3000 Watt Inverter, Refer converted with JC refrigeration unit, Sofa replaced with 2 swivel chairs, over cab bed converted to TV mount and storage

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Nice ,I too have the Torklift Glow steps, very solid ,and comfortable to walk down .

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I have health issues that impact my balance and I installed these on my 5th wheel. One of the best upgrades that we have ever done!

Always rock solid with no movement, adapts to the terrain as needed, folds and stays outside RV eliminating and dirt or water from going inside, can be used in tight quarters and easy for pets to navigate.

My son in law installed them with me just handing him tools as needed in about an hour.

Yes they are expensive but worth the cost IMO.

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

pcm1959
Explorer
Explorer
Excellent steps. Nice!
2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
This brand of step is on our radar as well. Many positive reviews and I like how they can either be a step or ladder type (if in close quarters such as inside storage).
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"IF" I were to buy any aftermarket step it would be the Glow step!!! They contacted me and asked if I would test them. I said thanks but I was happy with my steps and felt someone else would benefit.

I crushed my VERY solid Elkhart Industries steps and replaced with the same but with aluminum steps. I am at 200# and standing on the bottom step it drops only 1/2".

I used my Motorcycle jack to help with installation!

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting and informative. TY
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

BugsRLB
Explorer
Explorer
We did our homework and read the pros & cons of different type steps. Yes, they are expensive, but we think they will best suit our needs.
2018 Ford F350 SRW 6.7PowerStroke/6 Speed Auto
2017 Jayco Eagle 321RSTS