cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Baby steps, Grand Canyon style

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
It appears the Grand Canyon is about to start a limited version of reopening.
Grand Canyon
Limited entrance times, no camping.
But at least you can get in.
4 REPLIES 4

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm also eager to get back on the road, but very worried. (I'm in a high risk category.) As more places open up, the crowds will be distributed over a larger area. So, for example, Utah is crowded right now because there is no alternative. But that will get better over time, I hope!!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
If large corporations are losing money, you can bet a lot of regular folks are losing money, too. Employees and contractors and suppliers all gotta eat and pay the utilities. If they have a large employer who can advocate for 'em, bravo.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lwiddis wrote:
Since Arizona Corona virus numbers are still climbing, encouraging visitors seems...imprudent. Public restrooms...hmmm.

Agreed. I have two daughters and 4 grand children living there (Kingman and North Phoenix). They know for a fact things are only opening because of pressure from the large corporations that are losing money.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Since Arizona Corona virus numbers are still climbing, encouraging visitors seems...imprudent. Public restrooms...hmmm.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad