cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Timer Health Insurance Options

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All, I am looking for specific examples of health insurance policies others have found for affordable high deductible health insurance for those of use not yet old enough for Medicare. I have a SD domicile address, but would like to include my grandson who lives in Iowa and retain access to my wife and my doctors in Iowa if possible. Looking for names of providers and what you are currently paying per month. Thx, Jeff
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad
5 REPLIES 5

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
United Health Cqre will provide a family plan for us and our grandson (under 26, and we are his guardians) for around $700/month. We will likely go with that. Thanks for the input!
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
janstey58 wrote:
Hi All, I am looking for specific examples of health insurance policies others have found for affordable high deductible health insurance for those of use not yet old enough for Medicare. I have a SD domicile address, but would like to include my grandson who lives in Iowa and retain access to my wife and my doctors in Iowa if possible. Looking for names of providers and what you are currently paying per month.

I looked up ACA plans in Glenwood, IA and they ranged from $2000 - 4000 for you and your wife. If you make under a certain amount, you can qualify for an ACA subsidy to help reduce premium costs. Otherwise, you'll pay full cost.

If your grandson isn't a dependent, good luck getting him on your plan.

ACA plans are based on where you actually reside, not a "paper" domicile.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35’ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41’ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31’ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Affordable? Good luck with that. We paid about $2000 a month for high deductible ($7000 per person) before we turned 65. That’s in Florida for a national plan.

I would recommend finding an independent agent that reps several companies.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
SD used to be a problem as all the affordable plans required you get service in SD to be "in plan" at all. Your resident address is often a make or break decision. We moved from a SD plan to TX to avoid that problem. Soon after our employer offered a health plan so I haven't checked into that in the last few years.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have you done a search over on the Escapees forums? There are many discussions on this topic over there.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015