cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ALBERTA PARKS NOW OPENING

canadafan
Explorer
Explorer
Alberta is reopening the parks on a staggered basis from May 14. Sounds a little risky to me but as long as everyone is careful .....

www.reserve.albertaparks.ca

Say safe
Trevor
18 REPLIES 18

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
shun02 don't let nothing but fear, stupidity and common sense hold you back from doing whatever you want to do.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
35 year Fire Fighter(retired)
VE3PJF

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't blame those 4 provinces doing what they are doing. They have the lowest confirmed cases in Canada and want to keep it that way. All the power to them.
If a person thinks that the Charter of Rights is more important than a Province trying to protect their people that person is a fool.

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
JaxDad wrote:
shum02 wrote:
Pipeman wrote:
Well there are some provinces that have closed their borders to outsiders and maybe more joining. You may have to copy and paste this. https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/travel-canada-provinces-covid-19-restrictions-1.5589316

Restricting my right to travel any where in Canada any time I like is illegal. Only the Federal Government has the power to do that and only under the most severe conditions which I do not see Covid as a qualifier. I welcome the Charter Challenge.

You want to lock the country down, get the Fed's to do it legally.

Iโ€™m not sure what you do / did for a living, but itโ€™s not a lawyer Iโ€™m sure. Under the Emergency Measures legislation they can, and have, restricted travel.

In a state of emergency they can restrict travel, arrest those that defy those orders, in a situation like a forest fire they can conscript people to fight that fire.

No Charter challenge is required, itโ€™s settled law.

Apparently not because they are being challenged. If you are ok with your politicians restricting your movements without proper legal recourse and oversight i pity you, you are a fool. Things are not as black and white as you would think or wish.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
shum02 wrote:
Pipeman wrote:
Well there are some provinces that have closed their borders to outsiders and maybe more joining. You may have to copy and paste this. https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/travel-canada-provinces-covid-19-restrictions-1.5589316

Restricting my right to travel any where in Canada any time I like is illegal. Only the Federal Government has the power to do that and only under the most severe conditions which I do not see Covid as a qualifier. I welcome the Charter Challenge.

Iโ€™m not sure what you do / did for a living, but itโ€™s not a lawyer Iโ€™m sure. Under the Emergency Measures legislation they can, and have, restricted travel.

In a state of emergency they can restrict travel, arrest those that defy those orders, in a situation like a forest fire they can conscript people to fight that fire.

No Charter challenge is required, itโ€™s settled law.

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
shum02, well all I can say is give it a try with one of these provinces and then come back here and let us know how you made out.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
VE3PJF

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
Pipeman wrote:

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
VE3PJF

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
It's not just the camping. Lots of parks here in Ontario like Pinery and Iverhuron both on Lake Huron just to name a few have crowded beach areas as well. Camping without access to the water would suck.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
83trekker wrote:
StirCrazy wrote:
Pipeman wrote:
but the provincial boundaries may not be open to non essential travel either.

no provincial boarder has been closed, there may have been a few check spots asking you to think about if your travel is really necessary, but they cant legally stop a Canadian from going say from BC to Alberta or the other way. if I decide it is necessary for me to visit my parents in the next province then it is.

Steve

Yhea no provincial closure at all, may long in sicamous was nothing but alberta plates, and the BC companies trying to survive there had no problem with that at all.

Still crazy we can all ram into a grocery store or costco yet so many campgrounds and parks still closed, freaking stupid. Especially if you have your own rv with own shower and toilet.

yup, as far as I am concerned camping is by nature social distancing. sure you meet people and sit around a fire and BS but sit on opposite sides of the fire and your socially distanced. to easy.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
StirCrazy wrote:
Pipeman wrote:

no provincial boarder has been closed, there may have been a few check spots asking you to think about if your travel is really necessary, but they cant legally stop a Canadian from going say from BC to Alberta or the other way. if I decide it is necessary for me to visit my parents in the next province then it is.

Steve

Yhea no provincial closure at all, may long in sicamous was nothing but alberta plates, and the BC companies trying to survive there had no problem with that at all.

Still crazy we can all ram into a grocery store or costco yet so many campgrounds and parks still closed, freaking stupid. Especially if you have your own rv with own shower and toilet.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Pipeman wrote:

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

canadafan
Explorer
Explorer
Latest info from Parks Canada.

All camping facilities remain closed until at least June 21, 2020, while Parks Canada assesses whether and how these services might resume. Group activities and public events will be prohibited until further notice. All existing reservations set to take place prior to June 21, 2020, will be automatically cancelled and refunded in full.

Trevor

83trekker
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody know when national park campgrounds will be reservable? It just saids not at this time

Pipeman
Explorer
Explorer
We already have a reservation in Waterton Lakes National Park from June 29 to July 9 but if the park doesn't cancel the reservations because they aren't going to be open by that date then we will cancel. We usually cross the border into the States and take #2 hwy to Montana and then head north to Alberta. The border may not be open at that time so I figured out a Canadian route but the provincial boundaries may not be open to non essential travel either. In my opinion it's way too early to be opening up anything and I'll bet this pandemic will pick up again because of lax rules and people.
Pipeman
Ontario, Canada
VE3PJF