Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Where do you store your Shoes, Boots, Sandals and Slippers
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Where do you store your Shoes, Boots, Sandals and Slippers

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
garmp

St Louis, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/20 03:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One pair is with my clothes and the other pair is on my feet. But I'm a male. Others may have different requirements (as my DW).

Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/20 04:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

One pair is with my clothes and the other pair is on my feet. But I'm a male. Others may have different requirements (as my DW).

As a fellow male, I didn't understand the question beyond your answer either. We don't have a washer/dryer in that closet so that is my clothes area. If the pair of shoes aren't on my feet, they are in my closet.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Addy15

Minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/20 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have an actual couch in our trailer, and I keep a couple of boot trays under there for storing the shoes. Works very well.

BruceMc

Oregon - Willamette Valley

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/20 07:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Right here:

[image]

And just under rear of the passenger seat. Both work well.

Other General Storage projects.

'16 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L
Previously:
'00 Four Winds 26Q Class C (Ford E350 V10)
'96 Kit Sportsmaster 212f Fifth Wheel/'93 GMC Sierra K2500
'91 SunLite poptop truck camper
and the first: a Wildernest flip-top canopy.

kfp673

PA

View Profile

Posted: 05/18/20 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had 3 travel trailers. 19', 33', and now 37' and the problem exists in each one! Family of 5 including twin 12 year old girls = lots of shoes. I'm equally to blame though. Especially in the spring around fishing season when I'm bringing extra boots. We typically pack a large bag jsut for shoes and it sits right at the door, vomits itself all over the ground after day 1, and then we jsut step on, over, and around them the rest of the time. I may trade my new travel trailer in for a toy hauler just for this reason!! ;-)

gwalter

Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/18/20 10:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use a hanging shoe holder that is 8 compartments and hangs on one end of our closet rod. Hiking shoes don't fit but it works for my wifes tennies and slippers. We have a metal rack on the floor for my shoes.

2010 Ram 3500 Laramie
2014 Heartland Bighorn Silverado 34SE
B & W Companion Hitch
Air Bags

mowermech

Billings, MT

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/20 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our canvas fishing shoes are kept in the basement with the tackle boxes.
My Red Wing boots are put on my feet in the morning and stay there until bed time, unless I go fishing.
DW usually takes two pairs of shoes, other than her fishing shoes. Her "every day" shoes are likely to be found nearly anywhere on the floor.
Shoe placement just isn't something we stress about.

CM1, USN (RET)
2002 Fleetwood Southwind 32V, Ford V10
Daily Driver: '06 PT Cruiser Turbo
Toad: '05 Wrangler Unlimited
Toy: 1999 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, Auto, 4X4
Other toys: 2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

KMLsquared

Cotati CA

View Profile

Posted: 05/19/20 07:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kfp673 wrote:

We have had 3 travel trailers. 19', 33', and now 37' and the problem exists in each one! Family of 5 including twin 12 year old girls = lots of shoes. I'm equally to blame though. Especially in the spring around fishing season when I'm bringing extra boots. We typically pack a large bag jsut for shoes and it sits right at the door, vomits itself all over the ground after day 1, and then we jsut step on, over, and around them the rest of the time. I may trade my new travel trailer in for a toy hauler just for this reason!! ;-)

We are a family of six and although we have a tub outside on the ground for shoes, this is most accurate description of our shoe situation too!

2002 HO 6spd LB QC 4x4. Edge Juice w/Att 4" str8 pipe AFE int Skyjacker D25 springs w/10" Fox Shox 2.0 Thuren track bar PSC Steering box w/DSS. Fox Steering Damper w/custom mount.

2003 Rampage 33TB
2002 Banshee
1969 Baja

dedmiston

The West

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/19/20 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kfp673 wrote:

We have a toy hauler and the garage in back is the perfect "mud room" for taking your shoes off. If it's just my wife and I, I'll leave my various shoes back there and set them under the dinette seat. But if/when I actually put my shoes away, they go in the closet in front inside the nose of the fiver. We keep all of our spare camping shoes up there (Uggs, flip-flops, boots, etc.).

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Lyuluck

Melbourne

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/20 11:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The hiking shoes are nasty or muddy after wearing them. you can find special shoes or boots on this website. work boots storage is different because they are dirty after wearing.
https://rockroosterfootwear.com/collections/ak-australian-collection/products/tan-6-inch-slip-on-steel-toe-leather-work-boots-ak222

Commonly Shoes and slippers are stocked in a suitable size cabinet or a position fixed pocket, watch the video under below on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo2VYi1c8H4

* This post was edited 08/26/20 12:00am by Lyuluck *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Where do you store your Shoes, Boots, Sandals and Slippers
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.