cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cybertruck may have 1 million-mile battery

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Still rumor and speculation but excited nonetheless.

Predicting Cybertruck 1 million-mile battery
101 REPLIES 101

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
TravelinDog wrote:
How long will it last towing a 10-15k lb trailer? If this "truck" could tow at all.
Not long I would suspect because the charge wouldn't last long at all and would have to be recharged very frequently.

Weโ€™ll have to wait till it hits the road to see real world results. But, there are a lot of trucks out there that donโ€™t tow at all or only tow boats or small trailers. Itโ€™ll find itโ€™s niche. Some people will just want to drive a high performance low maintenance truck thatโ€™s cheap to run. This one would work.

We would have gotten a hint of it on Tesla's battery day supposedly last May which was upended by the pandemic.

The new battery would also give a clue about the Semi's capabilities and into Cybertruck.

Too much pooh-poohing on Tesla's products when in the end, it delivers over and above the promise and even wowed the skeptical techies and the mechanically inclined car and truck ennthusiasts.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
TravelinDog wrote:
How long will it last towing a 10-15k lb trailer? If this "truck" could tow at all.
Not long I would suspect because the charge wouldn't last long at all and would have to be recharged very frequently.

Weโ€™ll have to wait till it hits the road to see real world results. But, there are a lot of trucks out there that donโ€™t tow at all or only tow boats or small trailers. Itโ€™ll find itโ€™s niche. Some people will just want to drive a high performance low maintenance truck thatโ€™s cheap to run. This one would work.

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
Just say no to the payload police :C

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Uh, you guys do realize that's a video game render? ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, really, I thought it's @Reisender's wife driving.:B

And I was about to congratulate her for having a hot wife.:p

LOL. ๐Ÿ™‚ She is way tougher than me though. This is her about 25 years ago...on a frozen Northern Alberta lake...at about minus 35 celcius...doing flight tests on a cruise missile. Good times, good memories. ๐Ÿ™‚ What a gal.

Now I understand why you are getting the Leaf and she the Cybertruck.:C

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
noteven wrote:
Is that a Mark 2 frying pan stuck in the snow there?

I mean Pan, frying - Mark 2

Like โ€œboots, rubber, clumsyโ€. ๐Ÿ™‚

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Is that a Mark 2 frying pan stuck in the snow there?

I mean Pan, frying - Mark 2

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:

LOL. ๐Ÿ™‚ She is way tougher than me though. This is her about 25 years ago...on a frozen Northern Alberta lake...at about minus 35 celcius...doing flight tests on a cruise missile. Good times, good memories. ๐Ÿ™‚ What a gal.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:

I donโ€™t think anyone doubted that. It was meant as humour. :).

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
This is what you are ooking for Yosemite. :).

https://youtu.be/oZhwktIya0M

I think this is secretly why my wife wants this truck.

LOL!

That's some bad-ass driving.

For me, just not being dusted by those in diesel trucks in I-80 (happened to my daughter while in her Tesla) or in Texas is good enough for me.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
This is what you are ooking for Yosemite. :).

https://youtu.be/oZhwktIya0M

I think this is secretly why my wife wants this truck.