Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Goodyear G614 ,and Endurance Tires
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Goodyear G614 ,and Endurance Tires

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
BarneyS

S.E. Lower Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/20 08:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campinfan wrote:

I called GY just now. Even though they show the ratings for the tire at inflation rates above 80 lbs, they told me to contact the trailer manufacturer....that will be a waste of time so I guess now I have to look at Sailuns and then find someone who can or will install them.

You can get them at Walmart online and I'm sure they will install them at any Walmart tire shop or, if me, I would find a local tire guy and ask him. I can't imagine any shop turning down work.
Barney

2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/20 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarneyS wrote:

Campinfan wrote:

I called GY just now. Even though they show the ratings for the tire at inflation rates above 80 lbs, they told me to contact the trailer manufacturer....that will be a waste of time so I guess now I have to look at Sailuns and then find someone who can or will install them.

You can get them at Walmart online and I'm sure they will install them at any Walmart tire shop or, if me, I would find a local tire guy and ask him. I can't imagine any shop turning down work.
Barney

I bought my Sailuns at Walmart online, delivered to my door, free shipping. Then took them to a local tire shop I deal with. I offered to buy from them, if they would price match, they did on my previous set ,but the wouldn't or couldn't on this set. They were more then happy to mount ,and balance them, and I reminded them I gave them the opportunity to sell me a set.

I agree ,can't see anyone turning down work , this shop certainly didn't.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/10/20 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campinfan wrote:

Good move, great tires, and a very long wearing tire. That seems to be the knock on the Endurance, very poor performance on the heavier applications, very thin tread on them. Plus they can't meet the weight ratings for many fifth wheels .

Wood chip

Nor Cal

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/20 10:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All this mess with tire rating for 7k axles got me to switch to 17.5" wheels and sailun H rated tires. I have plenty of tire margin for 7k axles now haha.

* This post was edited 08/25/20 10:21pm by Wood chip *

2017 Chevy HD 3500 Dually LTZ D/A combo crew cab / Bilstein 4600's / Ride Rite air bags w remote / 50 gal transfer flow Aux tank / Trailersaver BD5
2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with most options + 17.5 wheel & tire combo

Campinfan

Washtenaw County, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/20 09:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I ordered Sailuns from Walmart in the 235 85 r16 size. Ordered them yesterday and they were delivered today for free. With all the big rigs out there,you would think GY or somebody in the USA would make a suitable tire. Now I have to get them to Discount Tire to mount and balance them. My trailer won't fit in their parking lot so I have to do them two at a time. They told me it was around $76.00 for all four...not bad.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/20 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campinfan wrote:

I ordered Sailuns from Walmart in the 235 85 r16 size. Ordered them yesterday and they were delivered today for free. With all the big rigs out there,you would think GY or somebody in the USA would make a suitable tire. Now I have to get them to Discount Tire to mount and balance them. My trailer won't fit in their parking lot so I have to do them two at a time. They told me it was around $76.00 for all four...not bad.

About the same I paid for mounting ,and balancing . Walmart seems to be the best source right now for the Sailuns ,price delivery etc. Curious, whats the date code on them ?

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/20 10:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campinfan wrote:

They do, most people just want to buy the cheapest. Plenty of US Made QUALITY tires to choose from.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/20 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Most people want the best quality ,and that would be Sailun . Plenty of quality US tires made in G or H rated [emoticon] , just curious what that plenty would be. I am not aware of many or any that would qualify as the same quality as Sailun .

* This post was edited 08/26/20 11:03am by cummins2014 *

Campinfan

Washtenaw County, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/20 12:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Campinfan wrote:

About the same I paid for mounting ,and balancing . Walmart seems to be the best source right now for the Sailuns ,price delivery etc. Curious, whats the date code on them ?

2420 is the date code...so that is mid June I would think

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/20 12:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Campinfan wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Campinfan wrote:

2420 is the date code...so that is mid June I would think

Thanks. Pretty close in June sometime I would think . Can’t beat that , couple months old give or take a week or two.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Goodyear G614 ,and Endurance Tires
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.