cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anybody do a fall (sept/oct) Newfoundland Labrador

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Contemplating...was going to be NOW but if they open...thinking about it. We would be out in the boonies anyway...not "tourist" stuff...hiking etc. Research tells me it rains a bit more..might be a bit of a bummer for outside stuff though.
Donna
13 REPLIES 13

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
Latest on World connections.

New Zealand is keeping borders closed.

Europe has a list of countries whose citizens would be accepted there. Canada is on the yes list, USA ignored.

Predictions for CA <-> USA border, may stay closed a full year to 15 months.

:h
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Decided to make it the usually spring trip and snow in October would not be fun. Don't want to think about that!
Borders...too.
Donna

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
& the chance of open boarders seems to me to be growing less by events down there right now. You may be planning for 2021.

๐Ÿ™‚

ssthrd
Explorer
Explorer
dcason wrote:
Contemplating...was going to be NOW but if they open...thinking about it. We would be out in the boonies anyway...not "tourist" stuff...hiking etc. Research tells me it rains a bit more..might be a bit of a bummer for outside stuff though.
Donna

Snow chased us to the ferry in Port aux Basques at the end of October 2016..........
2014 Keystone Laredo 292RL
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902
2018 GMC 3500HD, 4x4, 6.5' box, SRW, Denali, Duramax, Andersen
DeeBee, JayBee, and Jed the Black Lab

The hurrier I go the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll)

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
We boondocked the far majority of the time while in Newfoundland/labrador. We fill in with occasional provincial park for laundry/water fill/dumping. We stayed pretty much wherever we wanted to stay there and was never bothered to move on.

I would want the parks to be open though so that we have those options for laundry/dumping.
Donna

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
BarryD wrote:
cross21114 wrote:
We're thinking about doing an eastern Canada trip this September.

Many of the campgrounds in eastern canada close in September. I was thinking about the same trip. Still some nice places open but as you get to the end of September lots are closed or closing.

Since I doubt we would be staying for days at a location, I'd be happy to boondock.

Anyone know a good website for this info in Canada?

Thanks,
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

BarryD
Explorer
Explorer
cross21114 wrote:

Many of the campgrounds in eastern canada close in September. I was thinking about the same trip. Still some nice places open but as you get to the end of September lots are closed or closing.

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
Hubby and I did route 389 quebec in 2013. We timed it right (pure dumb luck) and there were not many trucks at all breathing down our necks. It is weavy winding so you cannot really get up to speed except on the straight aways...which is about 40mph. We are planning on doing this again. 389 was the worst part of all of it and much less was paved then.

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
From a wikipedia TLH entry, it appears that there's about 200 miles between HV-GB and Cartwright Junction that is still packed gravel (wonder if it's actually tar and chip?), left to be paved.
From all accounts of recent travellers, it's Route 389 from Baie Comeau, QC to Labrador City, NL that really needs some help.
A couple of youngsters from Ontario, Canada known on youtube as "A Guy, a Girl, and a Campervan" have videotaped a lot of the TLH route a few years ago when they did it. If you're interested in how good/bad/ugly it is in spots.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Is the Trans-Labrador fully paved now, or still some dirt sections? I'd love to make the trek.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

dcason
Explorer
Explorer
So snow doesn't hit until......when? November or october at all?
Donna

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
There is a good long fall, first frost often not until mid-October.

Quite a number of logging roads.

I lived there for 25 years.

:B