Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good 3rd party Truck Camper insurance?

LosAngeles
Explorer
Explorer
Good 3rd party Truck Camper insurance?

Hi all - I had initially had good insurance coverage on our new 2020 Hallmark fiberglass pop-up Truck Camper - then Progressive decided that unless we had our auto insurance with Progressive, they would not insure our Truck camper, as it is too valuable.

Not happy with Progressive! (I do not want to shift my auto insurance to them)

So currently inquiring if our current auto insurer will write the insurance for our Hallmark….. and asking what the exclusions are…

* * * But can anyone recommend good 3rd party RV insurance company? The Hallmark is quite valuable, of course. * * *

We got the Progressive thru Good Sam - the nice thing about the insurance (that is about to be cancelled by Progressive) was that it was *replacement value* for the first 5 years in case of a write off, then it was *price paid* (for the Hallmark) for years 6 and on. That is very good coverage, and I’d like to try to get similar coverage.

In other words, I dont want depreciated coverage, as in a total loss we’d get screwed, especially year 6 and on. 😞

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Premiums are subjective. $500+ for a newer AF sounds a bit pricey but location and your risk rating figure in. Also Progressive pulled the ole “raise all your rates a bunch” a couple years ago with us after 10-15 years with them. Went to American Family for much less $ and better limits.
Flo tried using the name your price tool incorrectly so we told her to stick it somewhere .... lol.
LA, first why would you expect a company to insure for new replacement value 5-6 years down the road? You can buy that insurance , maybe , but it’s not going to be cheap typically. It’s called stated value. You pay based on the $ amount you want insured. But even with stated value, likely not going to be able to insure it for a bunch more than it would be worth. And your camper isn’t worth new value 5-6 years from now, period, even if it sat in a climate controlled facility the whole time and didn’t get used.

I haven’t found any company that will over insure something’s apparent value without an appraisal. And a run of The mill camper isn’t something that really qualifies for appraised value.
You’re looking for a unicorn, not unlike many of your other threads.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Insurance for my Arctic Fox was $529 a year. With the covid and less income, i let it lapse this year. It was through progressive. Seems quite high to me.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
No deprecation? Very rare. If available, very expensive.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad