Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: BC Residents only
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> BC Residents only

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
JaxDad

Greater Toronto Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/22/20 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

BC is making it very clear that it is BC residents only in the provincial campgrounds. If a camper were to have non-BC plates, they could/will be refused.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/300622/........dLOEFVYS6q8lx7LiC8Z1xyd81My6c5avo#300622

Gary Haupt

So if I show up in my Ontario plated MH and a copy of my several BC property tax bills they will refuse me? That won’t end well for them.......

crosscheck

Coldstream, BC

View Profile

Posted: 05/22/20 06:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

StirCrazy wrote:

the only thing that was done is reservations are closed for no BC residents, if you previously had a reservation and you are from out of BC it will still be valid and you can come to FCFS sites. I think you'll see a lot of provinces going this way for the summer to try encourage "stay vacations" to help with COVID

Steve

As per BC Parks , non residents who have prior reservations for BC parks have until June 15th to contact them for a full refund. All non resident reservations are cancelled and after May 25th, if a non resident tries to make a reservation at a BC park, it will be rejected.

Dave

2016 F350 Diesel 4X4 CC SRW SB,
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex Freedom 2012 inverter, 4 6V GC-2 (450AH)
2006 F350 CC 4X4 sold
2011 Outfitter 9.5' sold
Some Of Our Fun:http://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca/

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 08:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

I've been wondering about this very topic myself, and how things will play out. I have read some conflicting information, depending on the source.

A group of us are planning a fishing trip to a lake near Merritt the first weekend in June.
Several of us are attending. 2 from Penticton, 1 from OK Falls, 1 from Kelowna, and myself from Alberta....

I'm wondering if I will run into any kind of challenges since i am no longer a BC resident. I used to live in Penticton years ago.

Location is a rough, totally unserviced area by a lake, FCFS. Park ranger wanders through and collects a nominal fee based on nights spent.

Hope I don't drive all the way from Calgary, only to be turned away....

Could leave the TT home, come out in my car and occupy a spot in a buddy's MH. I prefer my own space though.

It's a tough call, if basing it on available info. There is a lot of real estate that is NOT part of the BC Parks system. I am thinking that if your lake is not a reservation type location, that you will be ok. Emotions are running high, right now and you will need to judge the situation accordingly.

Check your private messages

Gary

Hey Gary, I was out on my side X side on Thursday between rain storms and I was way up a logging road when I ran into a BC Natural Resource Officer.
After he checked me out for proof of insurance on the sxs, make sure we weren’t drinking alcohol, if we had helmets ( we were stopped having lunch at the time), we got to talking about camping in the bush this summer with issues around BC parks campgrounds/ c-19 etc.
He said that they will be doing extensive patrols in the bush this year insuring everybody is following the rules for camping in the bush and following The BC C-19 guidelines / regulations.
Now what Laws and regulations they will enforce I can’t tell you but they have really stepped up there presence around here in the Kootenays the last few year and from what this fellow said, they will be more prevalent in the bush in the months to come.

It’s going to be a strange summer coming up.
Stay safe everyone.
Soup.

2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

garyhaupt

Penticton, BC..land of wine, sun, retirees....

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

azdryheat wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

BC is making it very clear that it is BC residents only in the provincial campgrounds. If a camper were to have non-BC plates, they could/will be refused.

https://www.castanet.net/news/BC/300622/........dLOEFVYS6q8lx7LiC8Z1xyd81My6c5avo#300622

Gary Haupt
Cool Idea. Maybe Arizona could do the same and keep the state campgrounds open only to AZ residents during the snowbird season.

I sat on my fingers for 24 hours, wondering if I had the energy to respond to this sort of trash talk. I guess I do..

You have singled out snowbirds, so I will take it personally. Your comment is so typical of the nonsense coming out of some folks mouths. Protectionism, US only...that idea may appeal...right up until it doesn't meet the countries needs, then it's all about 'now what'. Be ever so careful what you wish for..water, oil, foods..oh...airfields to park your aircraft and passengers in the event of another tragic event.

I can hear the voices now...'we don't need...'. Oh yeah...you do. By all means..stay out of ours...or be thankful we are good neighbors who are doing what is necessary too look after things. Soon enough, people will be able to cross the border and carry on with their lives. And people like you don't need to travel BC to get north...take the ferry.

Gary Haupt

I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

BobsYourUncle

Calgary Alberta Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SideHillSoup wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

I've been wondering about this very topic .....snip.

It's a tough call, .....snip

Gary

Hey Gary, I was out on my side X side on Thursday between rain storms and I was way up a logging road when I ran into a BC Natural Resource Officer.
After he checked me out for proof of insurance on the sxs, make sure we weren’t drinking alcohol, if we had helmets ( we were stopped having lunch at the time), we got to talking about camping in the bush this summer with issues around BC parks campgrounds/ c-19 etc.
He said that they will be doing extensive patrols in the bush this year insuring everybody is following the rules for camping in the bush and following The BC C-19 guidelines / regulations.
Now what Laws and regulations they will enforce I can’t tell you but they have really stepped up there presence around here in the Kootenays the last few year and from what this fellow said, they will be more prevalent in the bush in the months to come.

Stay safe everyone.
Soup.

That's interesting and good to know.
We always behave on our fishing trip, very respectful of the camping area, clean up everything, including debris from the last 5 campers that left stuff behind and do on.
We keep our music low, so it doesnt travel. We have a few drinks, never out of hand or rowdy.
We mainly sit around a campfire talking about what hurts and how great we used to be!
I just hope that they don't get snarky about my Alberta residency.
We have been checked on many times over the past 45 years of fishing trips, never once an issue, and always had a great conversation with the conservation officers. They check our fishing licences, which we always have. Our little aluminum boat has all the safety stuff etc.
I just don't want to be sent packing because I'm not a BC resident.

2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ
Dmax/Allison

1997 Triple E Topaz 27' Bunkhouse TT

I do
Precision Guesswork
based on
Vague Assumptions
&
Unreliable Data of Dubious Accuracy
provided by persons of
Questionable Intellectual Capacity

Now, What would you like done?

SideHillSoup

South Eastern British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle wrote:

SideHillSoup wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

I've been wondering about this very topic .....snip.

It's a tough call, .....snip

Gary

Stay safe everyone.
Soup.

That's interesting and good to know.
We always behave on our fishing trip, very respectful of the camping area, clean up everything, including debris from the last 5 campers that left stuff behind and do on.
We keep our music low, so it doesnt travel. We have a few drinks, never out of hand or rowdy.
We mainly sit around a campfire talking about what hurts and how great we used to be!
I just hope that they don't get snarky about my Alberta residency.
We have been checked on many times over the past 45 years of fishing trips, never once an issue, and always had a great conversation with the conservation officers. They check our fishing licences, which we always have. Our little aluminum boat has all the safety stuff etc.
I just don't want to be sent packing because I'm not a BC resident.

Your the kinda people I like.
I have two kids plus grand kids living in Alberta so you won’t hear trash talk coming From our campfire.
Stay safe
Soup

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BobsYourUncle wrote:

I've been wondering about this very topic myself, and how things will play out. I have read some conflicting information, depending on the source.

A group of us are planning a fishing trip to a lake near Merritt the first weekend in June.
Several of us are attending. 2 from Penticton, 1 from OK Falls, 1 from Kelowna, and myself from Alberta....

I'm wondering if I will run into any kind of challenges since i am no longer a BC resident. I used to live in Penticton years ago.

Location is a rough, totally unserviced area by a lake, FCFS. Park ranger wanders through and collects a nominal fee based on nights spent.

Hope I don't drive all the way from Calgary, only to be turned away....

Could leave the TT home, come out in my car and occupy a spot in a buddy's MH. I prefer my own space though.

Usually there is a number you can call for who ever looks after the park, I would call and ask. every time I watch the news I get a different meaning, so I am not sure if anyone knows what's going on. one said if there were prior reservations they would be honored, the next said they would be refunded and any new ones would be cancelled with out a refund. one says it is for reservations only the next says it is for all....

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 05/23/20 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

crosscheck wrote:

StirCrazy wrote:

the only thing that was done is reservations are closed for no BC residents, if you previously had a reservation and you are from out of BC it will still be valid and you can come to FCFS sites. I think you'll see a lot of provinces going this way for the summer to try encourage "stay vacations" to help with COVID

Steve

As per BC Parks , non residents who have prior reservations for BC parks have until June 15th to contact them for a full refund. All non resident reservations are cancelled and after May 25th, if a non resident tries to make a reservation at a BC park, it will be rejected.

Dave

ya seen that, two different news stations reporting two different things.

Steve

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/20 01:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

Gary Haupt
Cool Idea. Maybe Arizona could do the same and keep the state campgrounds open only to AZ residents during the snowbird season.

I sat on my fingers for 24 hours, wondering if I had the energy to respond to this sort of trash talk. I guess I do..

You have singled out snowbirds, so I will take it personally. Your comment is so typical of the nonsense coming out of some folks mouths. Protectionism, US only...that idea may appeal...right up until it doesn't meet the countries needs, then it's all about 'now what'. Be ever so careful what you wish for..water, oil, foods..oh...airfields to park your aircraft and passengers in the event of another tragic event.

I can hear the voices now...'we don't need...'. Oh yeah...you do. By all means..stay out of ours...or be thankful we are good neighbors who are doing what is necessary too look after things. Soon enough, people will be able to cross the border and carry on with their lives. And people like you don't need to travel BC to get north...take the ferry.

Gary Haupt
So it's OK for BC to keep people out but not AZ? And you take it personally? Did I forget the smiley face? Am I not allowed to have an opinion on snowbirds? Well since you brought it up, we locals can't stay at our own state parks because out-of-towners are occupying the campsites for 6 months straight. That's right, we don't have access to our own state parks. good thing is AZ state parks has limited stays to 2 weeks. At least they see the problem when others don't. Have a nice day [emoticon]

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

Flyboy320

Tappen, BC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 05/23/20 02:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyhaupt wrote:

azdryheat wrote:

garyhaupt wrote:

Gary Haupt

Gary Haupt

Well said Gary. Thank you

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RVing in Canada and Alaska  >  Canada

> BC Residents only
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RVing in Canada and Alaska

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.