cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Uncrowded Colorado campgrounds

hedgehopper
Explorer
Explorer
Where in Colorado (or perhaps nearby) can we camp that is unlikely to be crowded?
7 REPLIES 7

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
How about around Durango? I'm thinking of going 2 week of June. Thoughts please, I'm in 45' coach towing a jeep.
------------------------------------------------

You aren't helping by not telling us what sort of CG you are looking for, but try: Campgroundreviews A site you should learn to use.

Just a guess Durango is a rather busy area for campers in general. You seem to be looking for a FHU site
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
How about around Durango? I'm thinking of going 2 week of June. Thoughts please, I'm in 45' coach towing a jeep.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Wonder if the USFS dump near Tom's Place and French Camp is open, profdant?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are most of the dump stations open? Boondocking is great for a week or so, and then you gotta find a dump station. Here in Calif., most are still closed, so we are stuck at home a little while longer.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Everywhere except RMNP and the Front Range.

cross21114
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Hundreds of boondocking locations and NF campgrounds. It is camping paradise. We are starting in the Pagosa Springs area and working north from their next month.

We did the same 2 weeks ago. Found a beautiful spot just south of Poncha Springs. No one around at all. Suspect there are more using this site now.
Chris
2018 Nexus Ghost 36DS
360 Cummins, 3000 Allison
2016 Ford Expedition

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hundreds of boondocking locations and NF campgrounds. It is camping paradise. We are starting in the Pagosa Springs area and working north from their next month.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper