cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd statement in a review of the Lance 650

RKW
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.truckcamperadventure.com/top-five-truck-campers-for-half-ton-trucks/

The Lance 650 is versatile enough to fit on both regular short-bed (except Ford’s longer 6-foot 7.5-inch-long short-bed) and mini-short bed pickup trucks."

Is this a subjective statement by the author or statement of fact originating with the manufacturer?

I ask because it seems a little odd that 2.5 inches longer would be a problem.
Ryan

• 2015 Ford F250

• 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8280 WS

• Dual Honda EU2000i Generators

The wages of sin are death; but after they're done taking out taxes, it's just a tired feeling.
10 REPLIES 10

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
thedavidzoo wrote:

I guess that is what you end up with when one tries to innovatively cram everything in a small footprint. It seems the fridge sits by the foot of the bed and the door opens over your mattress. I'm just thinking about that first gallon of milk leaking on the mattress, or a busted jar of spaghetti sauce on a bouncy road...Just my 2 cents.

You really think that fridge will fit gallon of milk?

thedavidzoo
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
thedavidzoo wrote:
Don't want to derail this topic, but am I the only one who thinks a fridge over your bed is kinda dumbbb?

In the 360 view, it looks like it is next to the bed. It also appears to not have any venting to the bed side, so it’s ok. Just curious, where else would you put a fridge given the rest of the layout and small size?

I guess that is what you end up with when one tries to innovatively cram everything in a small footprint. It seems the fridge sits by the foot of the bed and the door opens over your mattress. I'm just thinking about that first gallon of milk leaking on the mattress, or a busted jar of spaghetti sauce on a bouncy road...Just my 2 cents.
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
thedavidzoo wrote:
Don't want to derail this topic, but am I the only one who thinks a fridge over your bed is kinda dumbbb?

In the 360 view, it looks like it is next to the bed. It also appears to not have any venting to the bed side, so it’s ok. Just curious, where else would you put a fridge given the rest of the layout and small size?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

thedavidzoo
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I used to own 1982's VW pickup truck. The bed was like 5 ft long.
I wonder if the camper would work on it?
When the articles whine a lot about Lance engineers ingenuity, they are not showing the size of caboover refrigerator.
Tankless W.H have mixed reviews as well.
The comment "you loose 6 gallons of fresh water not having W/H tank" shows the author knowledge about RV. Or lack of it. ...

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
and mini-short bed pickup trucks."

That's an odd statement too.

I haven't heard the term "mini truck" in 30+ years.

Small trucks are now called "mid-sized"
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
The box sides on late model Sooper Duties are too tall for some camper models to be loaded on the box floor. Can’t remember what years.

RKW
Explorer
Explorer
jaycocreek wrote:
In an interview on truck camper magazine from the Lance guy..

The all-new 2016 Lance 650 has been designed from the ground up to work on half-ton beds as short as 5-feet. It even works with super crew cabs, and the 6-foot 8-inch Ford F150 short bed. Essentially, the 650 fits any short bed truck, in any configuration; standard bed, regular bed, crew cab, you name it.

Thanks. That's a definitive, unequivocal answer. For those who maybe interested, the link to the interview is below.

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/news/tcm-exclusive-2016-lance-650/
Ryan

• 2015 Ford F250

• 2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8280 WS

• Dual Honda EU2000i Generators

The wages of sin are death; but after they're done taking out taxes, it's just a tired feeling.

jaycocreek
Explorer
Explorer
In an interview on truck camper magazine from the Lance guy..

The all-new 2016 Lance 650 has been designed from the ground up to work on half-ton beds as short as 5-feet. It even works with super crew cabs, and the 6-foot 8-inch Ford F150 short bed. Essentially, the 650 fits any short bed truck, in any configuration; standard bed, regular bed, crew cab, you name it.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
My guess is it’s probably just too short to reach the front of the bed. You probably could add a board or two at the front of the bed. Fwiw, it isn’t listed under F250 or F350 on the Lance compatibility guide.

https://www.lancecamper.com/truck-camper-compatibility-guide/

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member