cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myrtle Beach Problems

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have a reservation at MB anytime soon, you should read this from MB news 5 days ago.
Crips and Bloods took control of the City of Myrtle Beach this past weekend.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
18 REPLIES 18

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
The key to MB is not going to Ocean BLVD at night. For the most part it is cheap hotels, cheap entertainment. If you are in an RV camping, no problems at your campground more than likely. Going to the various big name entertainment complexes at night are fine as they are far away from Ocean BLVD.

As a SC resident, the closest I would camp to MB in the Summer would be Huntington Beach SP. Away from the chaos but close enough for the entertainment stuff if you desire. It is also VERY close to good restaurants. We only go to Ocean BLVD during the daytime in the WINTER. We enjoy the Skywheel and the Gay Dolphin, but again, only in the Winter.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Just an FYI, last week was supposed to be the "offical" Atlantic Fest Bike Week (opposite of Harley). Things like this do tend to happen more during this week...
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
How can you steal that many golf carts? Must be a golf course nearby.
As to the comment about the ladies being pushed down I think it was somebody trying to protect them from getting shot.
I know one thing, 5 minutes after I heard shots fired I'd be a mile away not standing there all curious and stuff. Use your brains people.
I don't know which is worse, YouTube or Fake Book.
Puma 30RKSS

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
I quit going to MB about 20 yrs ago. Just not a friendly place.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

pbeverly
Explorer III
Explorer III
wildtoad wrote:
Many of us who live in SC actually have no use for MB. Growing up in the 60โ€™s, 70โ€™s MB was still a small town, and you could do just about anything you wanted with zero trouble, especially in the off season. Summertime the town ballooned with out-of-towners But we knew they were there to have fun and spend lots of money which the town depended on for survival. Then the local government started to lose control of the town, or perhaps encouraged, to the developers and from there, all was lost. Now as many of you know if you come in on 501, during the summer traffic can back up to Conway, or further back. Some here in SC have been pushing for a new interstate from I think Charlotte to MB which does not have the infrastructure required to absorb it. It would be a good evac route in a storm though. There are plenty of nice areas both above and below MB that are much nicer and if you have a hankering for tourist stores, activities, chain restaurants, they are just a few miles away, and then you can return to some piece and quiet.

I live in SC and MB is a tourist trap.
Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

S Davis wrote:
Just wait as more people get desperate it will get worse, I bet their income has gone down quite a bit.

There was NOTHING desperate about that mess..... It was a a total lack of brain cells. lt was a total disregard for everything but themselves.... This has ZERO to do with anything but them alone
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
bobsallyh wrote:
There is a whole lot more to Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach than Ocean Blvd. by the Skywheel!

Peaches Corner? Cheap draft and entertainment, right on the main drag.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
wildtoad wrote:
Many of us who live in SC actually have no use for MB. Growing up in the 60โ€™s, 70โ€™s MB was still a small town, and you could do just about anything you wanted with zero trouble, especially in the off season. Summertime the town ballooned with out-of-towners But we knew they were there to have fun and spend lots of money which the town depended on for survival. Then the local government started to lose control of the town, or perhaps encouraged, to the developers and from there, all was lost. Now as many of you know if you come in on 501, during the summer traffic can back up to Conway, or further back. Some here in SC have been pushing for a new interstate from I think Charlotte to MB which does not have the infrastructure required to absorb it. It would be a good evac route in a storm though. There are plenty of nice areas both above and below MB that are much nicer and if you have a hankering for tourist stores, activities, chain restaurants, they are just a few miles away, and then you can return to some piece and quiet.

I recall the '70s, traveling to MB from Ontario for a long weekend between work shifts. It was an easy drive and the State Park was rarely crowded when we showed up, usually early to mid-Spring. Personal safety was never given a first thought, let alone a second one. Times have changed. Last time we were there, we were amazed at how it's become a sprawling city with all the trappings. Used to be fun, now it seems a little too chaotic for us. We've changed, too, but I still think they lost the plot somewhere along the line, as you suggest.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:
You do know who the Bloods and Crips are, right?

Are they a rock band from New Zealand? :B

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a whole lot more to Myrtle Beach and North Myrtle Beach than Ocean Blvd. by the Skywheel!

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Youth groups focused on good deeds and education?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
S Davis wrote:
Just wait as more people get desperate it will get worse, I bet their income has gone down quite a bit.
You do know who the Bloods and Crips are, right?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
David Hucks writes poorly.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad